Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift year?

So my Jeeps' pieced together as far as I can tell. or alteast one body dropped on anothers frame and drivetrain. The body seems to be an 85, but everything underneath is more near 76/77. But what is the difference? I'm looking to get a pro comp 4" suspension kit on some 35's but the years they give are 76 kit and then 76-81. None of the parts guys could tell me the difference. The most info I've got from what I can tell is it's got the quadratrac xfer, chevy 400 xmsn, and when i did the bearings they were in the years of 76/77. And I'm thinking the rear axle is a model 20. i don't know what is all exchangable throughout the cj7 years, but i def don't want to get the wrong kit cause i've got little time before i move.

here's a link to the kits http://www.4wheelparts.com/jeep-part...7&plID=67&pg=1

also, anyone ever put a 4" susp lift on a 7 with 35x14.5's? clearance good?

what engine and transmission? What transfer? CJ7 was 76 to 85.
    QuadraTrac was a setup all of its own. no selectable front hub.
    5 or 6 bolts that hold the front hub to the spindle?
    6 bolts to 81 ish, then 5.
    Front shock mounts, welded or bolt on?
    tell us more...
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

chevy turbo 400 transmission 3 speed
      6 bolt front hub, 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern
      welded front shock mounts

Comment

The front shock mounts swaped over in 81 to bolt ons.
        the qudra trac was 76-79.
        What makes you think the body is a 85?
        Ron

Comment

I'm unsure what the difference would be, except wide track vs. narrow track. Even that doesn't matter on the springs.

I have BDS 4" springs, and I'm running 35" BFG Mud Terrains. I rub at full crank on the front frame and inner wheel well (barely), and my rear rubs on the rear of the opening, and the knobbies catch the flare. This is with no body lift. A simple solution for me would be to cut the rear, or perhaps TJ Flares.

Comment

http://www.explorerprocomp.com/PDFs/07cat/44-51.pdf

looks like maybe 4wheel parts has a mistake in the catalog
            looks loke the number match up from the 4wheel parts to procomp site under CJ complete kit.

Comment

Working...
            X