Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toe In w/35's

Quick technical question: I have an '03 rubicon with 35's and a 4" suspension lift (currie); so when I get this set-up aligned what should my toe reading be in degree's to help prevent front-end shaking (some call it death wobble)? I'm looking for an answer in degreees +/- so I can guide the alignment shop. Thanks in advance for your help.

I think a lot of us have and do our own. 1/8" - 3/16" toe in works for me. As far as the Caster/Camber (upper control arm adjustment) I think 7deg. is stock, 3-4deg. for lifted Jeeps. Death wobble is usually caused by a loose track bar although I've experienced a slight shake on some bumps if my axle is rotated too far forward. Try doing this yourself, it's not complicated. Put a mark (facing forward) in the center of each tire, measure the distance. Rotate the tires 180deg. and measure the distance. Adjust the tie-rod. Once you have the toe in you want you'll need to adjust the draglink to center the steering wheel. Get the Jeep straight (steering wheel probably off center) and adjust the draglink clamp, this could take a few tries. Enjoy the $$ savings.

Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X