Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go?

Where is a good place in the LA area to buy or have them instal a lift kit?A bubby of mine made the swap of a life time, his stock tires for some 33's!He needs to put them on his YJ fast!So he needs to buy a lift.and it needs to be cheap!

i recommend the re kit. i bought the pro comp kit for mine from 4wp, and like it, but a lot of others seem not to.
    pm jim at www.jcfabdesign.com maybe he can help you.
    as far as putting it on, it is pretty easy to do if you have a decent set of tools to work with.
    if you do buy from 4wp, make sure you dont pay them what they want.... negociate for 20% off. good luck!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

how much lift is he looking for?
      to fit 33" tires you need 4-5" of lift. if it wereme, i'd go right to the 4" suspension lift, and a 1" bl. that is how i have my wifes jeep set up, and it does well.... or 4" suspension lift, and tj flares
      or 2.5-3" suspension lift, and 2"bl...... or 2.5" lift, and 1" bl, and tj flares. notice, i didnt mention the shackle lifts.... i dont like em'.
      i recommend though using the 4" lift because it is a platform you can grow from. (i learned that the hard way) but then you have to concider the sye, and driveshaft needs..
      its only money, right?
      Last edited by NAILER341; 01-22-04, 09:12 AM.
      ERIK

Comment

Ad Type FOR SALE
        Price $50.00
        Ad Text 1998 JEEP stock fender flairs. Good Condition.
        S P E C I A L P R O M O T I O N S
        C O N T A C T I N F O R M A T I O N
        Name Bill
        Phone (909) 957-3983 (Click this number to see what city you will be calling)
        eMail codeweaverx@wmconnect.com

here is some info on a great deal on some flares in the recycler.
        ERIK

Comment

check out http://www.fourxdoctor.com/
          in burbank. they all have jeeps, been there forever, can do anything great and are easy to work with. they fab there our work or will bolt on yours.

larrygo
          92 YJ all new stuff this year!!! rockcrawling at a trail near you.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm the guy Sully mentioned above. Thank you for all of your input here. Since this is going to run >$1000 to do it right, and I don't have that kind of cash laying around at the moment. I think I'll pass on the lift (for now) and put 31" tires on the sweet American Eagle rims I am swapping for. Then when I get some more time and $$ I'll do the suspension lift. I'll probably throw on a 1" body lift for now to give the 31's a little extra room. Thanks again for the input and glad to be on board this newsgroup.

Cheers

Comment

Glad you came on over to myjeeprocks!

Comment

geopig
                WELCOME to the board... how much lift do you plan to get on your jeep? you can get a pro comp 4" kit for about 500 bucks, and install it in an afternoon. it is really easy to install.
                you can save about 100 bucks by re routing your brake lines rather than buying the stainless ones.
                all you really need to get you started is the springs, bushings, and a drop pitman arm, and shocks.
                if you are going to go with a 2.5" lift, i have a pair of rear shocks you can have... they are just taking up space.
                give us a bit more info, and we may be able to help you get this thing done for way less than you think.
                ERIK

Comment

Hi there,

I have a bit of an update on the tire swap situation that I'm in, which is why I originally wanted to get the lift on fast. Anyhow, the girl I hope to swap tires with has realized that her jeep will look funny with a 5" lift and stock tires. So she asked if I wanted her lift too!! I don't think that this is possible, that is, removing her lift and putting it on mine. I think it might be a bad idea to go that route.

So here's my question for all the Californians out there. I was wondering if it is possible to do a whole vehicle swap. Our vehicles are comparable and this girl just doesn't seem happy with her setup, and its the setup I'm looking for. I'll contact the DMV on Monday, but I was wondering if anyone had any input on doing this vehicle swap or if anyone has done this? Thanks again for your input and help.

Comment

well, there is a lot you have to think about with this swap... condition of both, miles, rust, body, etc.. but it sounds good if you can get her to do it. it sure would save you a lot of headache
                    ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by geopig

So she asked if I wanted her lift too!! I don't think that this is possible, that is, removing her lift and putting it on mine. I think it might be a bad idea to go that route.
                      I dont see whats wrong with that. As long as they are both YJ's I dont see the problem.

So here's my question for all the Californians out there. I was wondering if it is possible to do a whole vehicle swap. Our vehicles are comparable and this girl just doesn't seem happy with her setup, and its the setup I'm looking for. I'll contact the DMV on Monday, but I was wondering if anyone had any input on doing this vehicle swap or if anyone has done this? Thanks again for your input and help.
                      I've never done this, but I would imagine that it can be done. Just make sure you know what you are doing. Make sure that you dont end up with a pile of junk, just to save some time. If the good out weighs the bad, then its what ever you want to do. Personally I'd keep your YJ and Swap her suspension and tires over to yours. Probably would take about a day with two people, one on each rig.
                      Last edited by Dukes69; 01-24-04, 06:18 PM.
                      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                        it sure would save you a lot of headache
                        you lazy ASS
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

What year, mileage, condition is her Jeep in? Better or worse then yours?

FYI, I moved this. Its more of a suspension thread then offtopic.
                          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

the suspensions could easily be done in a day, if you are handy, and have a good assortment of tools. i have done mine so many times, that i know i can pull mine out, and in in a couple of hours.
                            if her jeep is better than yours, and she wants to trade... go for it! i'm always open for a good deal
                            what brand is her lift?
                            ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by geopig
                              Hi there,

I have a bit of an update on the tire swap situation that I'm in, which is why I originally wanted to get the lift on fast. Anyhow, the girl I hope to swap tires with has realized that her jeep will look funny with a 5" lift and stock tires. So she asked if I wanted her lift too!! I don't think that this is possible, that is, removing her lift and putting it on mine. I think it might be a bad idea to go that route.

Are you talking trade? As in just trade vehicle for vehicle?
                              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Working...
                              X