Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel base

I'am thinking of moving my front axle forward 1.5" by lengthening my control arms on my SA lift. What do you guys think?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

curtis , sounds like you been busy with some mods .......dont tell me 40" tires are next !!

Comment

You can only go so far before the steering linkage hits the diff cover also the upper control arm seems to run out of threads. I pushed mine forward as far as I could, another thing is that increases the tendency for death wobble, mine got more sensitive in the front after I did this have to keep the tires balanced pretty well

Comment

I would like to extend my WB too but I want too move the rear back instead. I never hit anything on the front bumper but the back is always hitting.

Comment

Beau the big reason for extending the wheelbase a bit is to get more weight on the front in steep climbs.
          The longer the wheelbase the less the weight transfer to the back wheels is on a steep incline

Comment

I did this on mine only went an inch forward and backwards. that was as far as I could go without binding and steering. IMO if you want more you gotta move spring perches and steering box or change it to a astro box.
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Hey I'am going to lengthen my CA 1" so the threads won't be a problem. I may have to design a new TB mount or move mine.
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                Beau the big reason for extending the wheelbase a bit is to get more weight on the front in steep climbs.
                The longer the wheelbase the less the weight transfer to the back wheels is on a steep incline
                I understand that but wouldnt moving the front forward cause more weight transfer too the back wheels which i believe is not what you want climbing steep inclines . If you counter act it by moving the rear back the same or more seems like you would benifit more. If you lengthen the wheelbase it also greatly decreases the chances your rear or front bumper hits tall obsticles ( like big rocks sticking up by themselves) but increases the chance of hiting in the center. I hit in the rear and in the center now I need a little more lift (~4") 35" tires and a tummy tuck.lol

Comment

Working...
                X