Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four link vs Radius arms

not looking for the best lift or anything like that just what are your likes and dislikes of radius arms like a RE LA kit, or a 4 link front like full traction.

Some people say the radius arm is not the way too go if you want alot of flex. I would like too see some proof of this.

Comment

The going story is that the RE radius long arm tends to unload the front end more than other lifts on steep climbs anybody got experience with this?

Comment

you guys have seen my jeep is way to tall for my WB and i have climbed some gnarley stuff with out wheel hop or pitchin
        starvin student...

Comment

Originally posted by sahara0207 View Post
          you guys have seen my jeep is way to tall for my WB and i have climbed some gnarley stuff with out wheel hop or pitchin
          Got any vids or pics? I guess it kinda like a race car setup situation; ladder bars work but everybody wants a fourlink.

Comment

Originally posted by sahara0207 View Post
            i haven't seen your jeep, what are you running?

Comment

in fact im amaized at some of the stuff i have climbed! with how tall i am i should have gone over many a time when others did but i didnt. apparently i only have flex pics and no hills

starvin student...

Comment

Looks like you have some good flex. Hows that dana 30 holding up too 37" tires? is it locked? aftermarket axles? What steering set do you have it looks pretty stout also(upper pic). sorry for so many questions.
                Last edited by Jeeperator; 10-09-08, 03:43 AM.

Comment

technically,
                  the RE long arm kit is NOT a radius arm design. radius arms don't have the extra pivot point where the upper link connects to the lower.
                  It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                    Looks like you have some good flex. Hows that dana 30 holding up too 37" tires? is it locked? aftermarket axles? What steering set do you have it looks pretty stout also(upper pic). sorry for so many questions.
                    im gonna add a few more questions, that re tri link does it use a rear track bar? is it a bolt on or weld for the tri link rear?

Comment

Tri link doesn't use a trackbar is one of the reasons you use a tri link

Comment

Trilinks do not use a track bar
                        getting rid of the track bar is something a lot of people have tried to do thinking that flex would be enhanced, but with a well thought out track bar system you run it. It does have a lot of benefits.
                        I used to spit track bars until ran across the Nth track bar towers, now I use a stock track bar and have tons of flex. Nth was a great company and the guys engineering was top notch, I run a kitbashed lift system that is about 90 percent Nth and 10 percent other brands. Yea I mess around a lot tuning to how I want it to run.
                        Sadly, nth being a top self priced lift system did not survive, the owner went back to commercial engineering and stated he was a lot better engineer than a businessman. I can understand that having owned a business before.
                        Most brands of lift to not take a lot of time figuring out much about the track bars. Instead they go for a quick new tower, or go the other direction. Such as trilink. I believe AW12345 has just ordered a trilink. You can still get Nth stuff, it is made by AEV. If you are local to the SoCal area, call Quinn at All J Products in Big Bear. He installs more Nth stuff than most shops know was produced and will order you whatever you need.
                        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Have any one of you used a rear upper triangulated link set up on a short arm lift? and was it worth it?
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            Tri link doesn't use a trackbar is one of the reasons you use a tri link
                            I have seen a trilink that uses a trac bar at the offroad show. It was a rockcrawler long arm in the front it had two lowers and 1 upper and a trac bar. Or is that trac bar cosidered the 4th link? If it is then stock jeeps come with a 5 link lol. I suppose you guys are talking about a rear setup with 2 lowers and a triangulated single upper like is on flatouts jeep.full traction had a display at the show. It a really nice set up and really noticed the sticker that said "NO RADIUS ARMS" right on the frame.

Comment

im running the rusty steerin kit.

its advertised and called radus arms.

it flexes great. it flexed great with the track bar and now with the tri link it is even better.

truth is no trac bar is better then having one as long as its set up right.

only havin tri uppers can still need a trac bar... the lowers should have at least 10 degrees also

my kit is a bolt on but has been welded and gusseted in some high stress spots. but enuf to be removed for who ever i sell the axle to.

and last post is talkin about front.... 3-link with pan hard. now in the front you have to have a panhard unless you go with full hydro steering which then i triangulated suspension will be able to take its place. i perfect triangulated suspension will out cycle with now bind any perfect track bar set up on street and off road in my opinion. track bars can work great mine did too. but this works better
                              starvin student...

Comment

Working...
                              X