Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ Rock Krawler 4" X Factor Install

Well guys going to go LONG I have a committment to show my Unlimited at the Off Road Expo and I am going for it.
    Just received the New Rock Krawler X Factor long arm kit. I was taken by the quality and the stout SOLID arms.
    Being a ex Nth Dealer everything else seemed second but Rock Krawler changed my mind and was to be the best choice for a true 4 link and 3 link front.
    I really loved my Nth Short arm with a tri link rear. it did well
    http://www.rubiconscat.com/Stoddard/...Waterfall.html
    Mine is the Blue LJ and third up the waterfall on Pumpkin eater.
    It climbed well and was very stable off road.
    It did well in all wheeling situations but I needed more
    I called on a good buddy and fellow wheeler. Danny Whitehead of D & S Autoworks ( Santa Paula 805.525.7400 )to do the install, after working for GenRight and seeing installs out there you go with the best guy and Danny was that guy. He is very anal and that is needed for this install and being a true mechanic also helps.
    It took 3 days because he was running is shop at the same time but took very many pictures during the install. Here a few pics during the tear down and the build.
    http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/g...awler%20Build/
    We are going in today to finish the tube fenders and tweak it in.
    Monday a new exhaust and alignment is being done.
    Will have more pics later
    Last edited by New2image; 09-28-08, 09:39 AM.
    2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

nice, i run r/k long arm and really like it, killer flex,

Comment

Good to here I was really wooried at first but as the install went along I was very impressed come see it at the Off Road Expo this next weekend. I cant wait to break it in, maybe the Hammers on the 11th for Critters B-day!

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Well Danny installed the rear tube fenders without this am
        I was hoping to be there to take more pics buts thats committment to finish the project.
        I will get more pics up tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X