Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.5 RE superflex

Went out to Cleghorn today. I was in my xj following my brother in his new 08 Jk with a 3.5 inch RE short arm lift and 35s. It seemed that every off camber hill or rut, the jeep would really lean and the rear tire was always comming off the ground! Is this normal for the JKs? Also he said that his auto swaybar disconnect light was flashing, would that mean that it did not disengague correctly? He has the rubicon monotube shoks that came with the kit, but if you unbolt the shock the tire drops down a lot more. Think they could of gave him the wrong shock? What would the measuremt be for that lift? Or am I just not used to wheeling with the shorter wheelbase and thats normal?

Sounds to me the swaybar did not disconnect other wise it would behave much like your xj

Comment

if the ligt was jsut flashing the sway bay was stuck after going thru 3 factory swat bar units i ditched mine for a currie and just ignore the light lol also the rubicon express kits for the jks havenot been very flexy i had a video somewhere from sema with there rep explaining the purpose of this
      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
        if the ligt was jsut flashing the sway bay was stuck after going thru 3 factory swat bar units i ditched mine for a currie and just ignore the light lol also the rubicon express kits for the jks havenot been very flexy i had a video somewhere from sema with there rep explaining the purpose of this
        That's too bad! I have the RE short-arm kit for my TJ and it is REAAAALY flexy!

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Mabey should jack up the front of the jeep with the sway bars connected then again with it disconected and if it is the same unbolt them and see if it drops more.
          Do you remember what the rep was saying why they did not want it to flex a lot? That sounds kinda funny

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40RReTuJJto

http://jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t...ubicon+express

Comment

Wow that is some good stuff in that viedo, the rubicon guy seemed a lil nervous when asked why radious arms! Also lot of good info on that JK forum. He didnt get the longarm tho just the superflex kit. Do the tires on the jk lift off the ground more cause the shorter wheelbase? im going to go play with it in a bit with a jack

Comment

i would reccomend jkowners.com much better info if you ask me but you can have the best lift kit and you will only flex as long as your shocks will allow lol and the rubicon electtric swaybars are a known problem area among the jks. i have a set of quick dissconects if your interested that i was using on mine before i went to the antirock sway bar and i will be selling the anti rock soon to go with a dual rate sway bar from swayloc

Comment

From the conversations on the JH forum they recommend the short arm superflex kit over the long arm kit
                  let's just say that i'm not a fan of radius arms in general and only because of it's significant limitations.

so you know, i only posted this video because someone asked for it in another discussion over in modified tech. this kit is well made kit as is all RE kits but if you're looking for flex, you won't find it with this one even though it is a long arm system. from what i have seen, their 3.5" super flex kit offers more flex than this.

By reading this I would definitely check the swaybar disconnect or make a means of disconnecting it manually

Comment

If the sway bar was connected, look at the shock lengths. It should flex better than a TJ with similar lift height and arms.

JKowners.com is a great site for JK specific info.
                    I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
                    Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

the shock droped down all the way was around 26 inches extended. Mabey it is flexing good, Well have to join you guys on a up comming run somewhere and have something to compare it to.

Comment

I had an issue with the sway bar on my 08 Rubi,had to have the dealer reflash the puter, seems there was a noticed released about this, anyway works great now and has stopped flashing
                        Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

i know... my radius arms dont let my suspension cycle at all... its always binding...

or i think it does just fine
                          starvin student...

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                            That's too bad! I have the RE short-arm kit for my TJ and it is REAAAALY flexy!

Do you have stock UCAs with that kit?
                            "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sahara0207 View Post
                              i know... my radius arms dont let my suspension cycle at all... its always binding...
                              As you can plainly see here, I had the same problem when I had radius arms, no travel. And on top of that, they're the dreaded long arms. I don't know how I ever got anywhere. No one ever tells me anything. HEY, JUST JOKING!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X