Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol yah i know thats way too big, but i just want a total of 5-6 inches.. i just got my 4inch suspension.. do u recommend an SYE kit? do i need a new rear driveshaft?
    Kiss my rear differential

Comment

Originally posted by emojeep
      lol yah i know thats way too big, but i just want a total of 5-6 inches.. i just got my 4inch suspension.. do u recommend an SYE kit? do i need a new rear driveshaft?
      Add a 1 inch body lift to the 4 inch suspension lift and your at 5 inches. Maybe add a 1 inch coil spacer if toy really want 6 inches. For that height I would defenatly get an SYE, and if you do you'll need a new driveshaft. A transfer case drop is another option, BUT you'll probably need a 2-3 inch drop to get rid of the vibes, depending on the control arms you get. Oh, and speaking of control arms, If at all possible, I'd get adjustable uppers and lowers.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

4" are pretty much the max for suspension lift that uses the conventional control arm brackets. Taller than that such as with additional coil spacers it is recommended to go with a long arm kit.
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

.. i just got my 4inch suspension.. do u recommend an SYE kit? do i need a new rear driveshaft?
          I don't know if this helps, but we're doing a 4" lift here in a week or 2. We're forgoing the SYE and using the T-case drop. This is because I want to go to a new T-case/high clearance skid next spring and I can't really justify the extra $700-800 for a SYE/driveshaft/install, if I'm only going to toss it in a year. (Not to mention it would blow the budget for the O.B.A. ) In the interim we get a net gain of 3-3.5" at the skid and 1.5" at the diff's. Note: you will have to either drop the T-case or go to a SYE, and all SYE's require new driveshafts.
          It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
          and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

33" on a four banger

i got the trailmaster suspension kit.. ..im looking for 33's hopefully my 4banger will be enough power to work them tires.. who knows.. what do u guys suggest on my tires?
            EmoJeep,
            I am currently running 33" BFGs on my 4-Banger TJ. I noticed a pretty big difference when I switched from 235/75R15s to 33x12.5. I basically lost 5th gear on the freeway, unless its down hill and a favorable tail wind. But for around the town and at crawl speeds, which is most of my driving, I haven't really been bothered by the "lack of power". I just keep in mind that its not a race car.
            Eventually I plan to regear, but for now.... It'll work.
            Oh, yeah I got a trottle body spacer for a bit of help.
            AriZonaTJ

======================
            0[_____]0
            .(0IIII0). - 98 TJ, 3"Tera,33" M/Ts
            []===0=[]
            ======================

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd
              I can't really justify the extra $700-800 for a SYE/driveshaft/install
              Don't know where you got your prices, but you can get a SYE kit for $250 shipped & a TW Driveshaft for $280 shipped. & install for both is easy.
              '04 Solar Yellow AEV HEMI Rubicon
              '05 M3 ZCP SG/IR

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy
                Don't know where you got your prices, but you can get a SYE kit for $250 shipped & a TW Driveshaft for $280 shipped. & install for both is easy.
                Those prices were from some of the leading mail-order houses (4wheel parts, 4WD hardware, and Quadratec). That's what I based my prices on. Secondly I don't want to throw away $530 any more than I'd throw away $700 We've got a plan, a budget and we're sticking to it as best we can. Right now on board air would be more usefull than the temporary loss of 1.5" from the potential clearance. Marvin will still have a net gain of 3.5-4" at the skid after lift&tires. That'll be good enough for now.
                It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Working...
                X