Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tri-link setup.... Yeay or Nay

Does anyone here have or know someone with a Tri link rear on an LJ or TJ ??
    Either RE or FT..... Wanted to know if those who have it, like it, and if it was fairly easy to 'bolt on' as the mfg claim.

If it applies, did you notice any difference (ride quality wise) between having a track bar, and changing to tri-link?
    David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
    I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Yes I have the FT 4" Long Arm, with the tri -link. I really like it, have had no problems. My buddy has the RE Long Arm kit and he has already torn off the mounting brackets on the diff for the control arms. The tri link is inherently just a better design and I think alot stronger. As for easy install I dont think so, as you have to have a different belly plate for the LA kit and to connect the tri-link.
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

http://rubiconownersforum.com/phpbb3...hp?f=8&t=56790
      Ck this forum out and you can see pictures of the Tri-link set-up on a Unlimited Rubi
      07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

They do have a short arm version. It looks like the top of the Y, connects to the stock upper locations, and the truss mounts on the axle getting the bottom tip of the Y. In my head, I can't find anything wrong with that design. The whole pinion adjusting/track bar binding issue seems to be solved with this mere change in geometry. And as a bonus, it would eliminate the 'yaw'. That's what they claim anyway, but I can picture it going away with the tri link.
        Here is the link to that kit...

Thanks for the reply on this....
        I can't view at the Rubi forum....my ids don't login there.....I guess I just don't visit there too often....:wink:

So, no one really has gone with this on a short arm?:dunno::confused:

Comment

Looks like a straight forward bolt on kit, I think the tri-link is the way to go.
          07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

In hindsight, I'd probabally go with the super deluxe Full Traction kit with the TriLink . . . it's just the $500 or whatever for the TriLink and then another $300 for the exhaust that scared me away . . . that and the price of the install as some of that seemed over my head . . . I'd be more likely to give it a try now!!! Well that and not knowing that I'd also have to buy the upper rear control arms, bracket, track bar to go along with that CV shaft:dunno: Once I put on the new CV style rear trackbar drop bracket and adjustable track bar that I ordered today and down the line the adustable upper front control arms, there won't be a big difference in price. So you might as well go with the super deluxe and have something we can all ooohhh and aaahhh over
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I had the Full traction rear tri Link that i stretched 6" longer, I have the truss ( un modifiend)that bolts to my stock Dana 44 also. I only have 5600 miles on the rig, and it worked excellent. They are for sale if you can use it it is yours for 150.00 complete. You could cut and weld back together for stock lengh. save you some $$$
              moon buggy
              5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                I had the Full traction rear tri Link that i stretched 6" longer, I have the truss ( un modifiend)that bolts to my stock Dana 44 also. I only have 5600 miles on the rig, and it worked excellent. They are for sale if you can use it it is yours for 150.00 complete. You could cut and weld back together for stock lengh. save you some $$$
                Stretched....hmmm, sounds like you should've gone with the LJ....

I don't think it would work, but thanks for the offer.
                I still would need the rest of the suspension....
                I'm still in 'research mode' unfortunately.....

Comment

i ran my RE lA kit for a year before i threw on the tri link to get rid of that trac bar i had riipped off too many times.... i love it. took around two hours to do. as stated above the stock upper mounts are used to brace. they have always been a weak link... i gusseted mine.
                  starvin student...

Comment

Originally posted by sahara0207 View Post
                    i ran my RE lA kit for a year before i threw on the tri link to get rid of that trac bar i had riipped off too many times.... i love it. took around two hours to do. as stated above the stock upper mounts are used to brace. they have always been a weak link... i gusseted mine.
                    You gusseted the upper control links?
                    Would you happen to have a picture of that? I would like to see how you made it....
                    But you still had the long arm version, and the uppers still mounted to the stock location?

Comment

the RE tri link trusses the axle by mounting to the diff cover, and the two upper controll arm mounts. i just did 90* gussets

ill look for pics
                      starvin student...

Comment

tri link would be nice but would have to figure out how to weld it back to stock position
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

stock location !!!! stretch that thing
                          moon buggy
                          5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

stock location !!!! stretch that thing
                            I tried stretching it but would not budge
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

It Seems To Me That The Tri-link Bolts Into The Existing Factory Upper Control Arm Brackets On The Frame. Even On My Long Arm Install I Still Have The Rear Upper Brackets On The Frame Intact. So It Could Be Installed And Then Again Removed Without Any Problems As I See It. The Link In The First Part Of The Thread Shows It Exactly.
                              07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Working...
                              X