Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow what a difference.

OK so i decided to remove the 3 inch body lift yesterday. i was having all sorts of problems with it. hard time shifting, hard to get in and out of, and all sorts of other issues. so i cut the 3inch pucks in to 1 inch pucks. man that's is great it shifts and feels so much better. here are some pics.

sorry i don't have the before pics.

i want this jeep

What did you use to cut the pucks? I was thinking depending on how much sag I see when I install a rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper and winch . . . I could cut down the 2" Budget Boost Spacers I have to the right height. Anyone done this?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
      What did you use to cut the pucks? I was thinking depending on how much sag I see when I install a rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper and winch . . . I could cut down the 2" Budget Boost Spacers I have to the right height. Anyone done this?
      you'll probably lose an inch when you put all that heavy crap on your jeep, so you'll basically have a 3" lift once everything settles out. remember a tire carrier weighs about 200+ pounds and a winch/plate weighs at least 100, and you're adding the weight very far out from the axle centerlines so it will sag more than if you stack the weight inside, due to that little inconvenient thing called physics.

PS to original thread poster: looks good! I can't even imagine what it looked like with a 3" BL...
      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Schmo, I have a set of new ACOS spacer for the rear , that I never used, they are easy adjustable to correct any sag problems that you will have after you finish your build. PM me,,, can make you a good deal when you are ready.
        06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
        07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

What are the spacers that you are cutting made of? I used a bandsaw for the Aluminum ones I made.
          An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by VVjeepfreak View Post
            What are the spacers that you are cutting made of? I used a bandsaw for the Aluminum ones I made.
            I'm pretty sure they're rubber or plastic.

Hey Chips . . . still waiting for my parts to arrive, so not sure exactly what all I'll need at this point, but I'll definitely keep that in mind!
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
              i used a chop saw. worked good made a little mess but not to bad.

i want this jeep

Comment

Originally posted by VVjeepfreak View Post
                plastic

i want this jeep

Comment

Working...
                X