Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rubicon express budget boost

has anyone used the 2.5 inch rubicon express budget boost???? i want the one with the monotube gas shocks. is it good? does it ride nice, easy to install?

ok... I installed the older version on my jeep like 4 yrs ago. came with Doestech shocks. It was good enough. with sway bar discos its sweet! I did a lot with only 31s

I installed the newer kit on my moms 06 TJ and it came with the monotube shocks. I think it rides pretty well, for a jeep. The install is very easy. Actually one of the reasons it went on so easy for my moms jeep, is bc it was BRAND new! No rust or dirt to get in my eyes. Do the install yourself and get to know your jeep. I am under my jeep all the time just checking stuff out haha

I would suggest getting sway bar discos to help offroad. You will be amazed at the performance you get out of just disconnecting the sway bar. Good luck
    this is where I learned most of my mods while learning about jeeps
    http://www.4x4xplor.com/REBB.html
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

idk... $300 is pretty expensive for some shocks and spacers... You can find 2" spacers from people on the forums for like $40 for all four sometimes even free... as far as shocks, you could get procomp ES3000s for like $150 for all four with a steering stab and shock boots from 4wp. You could probably score some nice used shocks for pretty cheap as well.

I would say if your ever going to go bigger, just save your $$ and do it once. my .02
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I respectively disagree.
        not $300 http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=RE-7030
        sorry but Pro comp shocks just flat out suck.

I think this is a beginner lift. Saying that, when I put it on my jeep I knew very little about the "jeep thing. I still have my 2 inch spacers up front to help with the winch weight. And like you said, people are selling these kits, sure buying one used could work for sure. But $233 for brand new stuff, and you could sell your spacers down the line to another newb. I learned how to drive technical stuff being so low to the ground and trying to keep up with guys on 33 and 35s. Now I can keep up with guys on 37s when I had 33s.
        All in all, its just my opinion. I think if we all had the money, we would all just to customs long arms from the start

But I also agree with SWbooking. If you already have been wheeling, then save up for something nice. But if you dont want to mess with $1200 suspension, new larger tires and SYE and new driveshaft, then start small and work your way up as you learn.

Good luck and let us know if you need any more help!
        [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

That link is for the kit with twin-tube shocks and not including tax or shipping. RE site is down right now, but it is more expensive with the monotube ones (as he stated he wanted above) thats where i came up with the $300.

FWIW, i drove around with ES3000s for over a year and they werent that bad. Its a jeep, not a cadillac if i wanted a smooth ride i would have got something else.

My reasoning, is its cheaper to get spacers and shocks used that are still good and if your ever going to do anything bigger (which everyone ultimately does) that $300 you just spent for your "budget lift" could have been $300 towards a better kit. again, i say save your money or get the stuff used.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

thanks guys, for both of your thoughts. i think im going to go with buying used spacers and some cheaper shocks. if the procomp ones come with a steering stabalizer too, that would be sweet. thanks for both sides of the coin guys. ill let yall know what i finaly get. and how the install works out

Comment

Working...
            X