Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 inch body lift

Ive got a 94 YJ and I installed a 4 inch suspension lift and running 33s but I am thinking bout throwing in a 2 inch body lift for a lil more clearance. If I did this would i have to get a motor lift or do anything to the shifter to make them the right length?

2 inch is too big, stick to 1.5 inch and below
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I had a 2" body lift with a similar setup on my CJ. It was way tall and kinda scary. I had to adjust the clutch linkage to the point that it was about to fall apart, and it promptly wore out in the following year. I also made a motor mount lift at the same time and moved the fan shroud. The shifter cleared, but the boot wore out very quickly because of the large amount of movement at the point it sat on the shifter. I have since gone back to 1". I'm most curious why you would need an extra 2" lift to clear 33's? Did you extend your bumpstops? Is the issue tire rub, or are you just looking for height?
      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

I gotta agree, a 1" lift (poly bushings) will actually be a bit of an improvement, and you shouldn't have to adjust anything but the fan shroud, it will allow the after market intakes and such, and look good, still keep you low enough, and give you that extra room your looking for.

are your 33's on 10" or 8" wide rimms? that may be the prob. stay with a 8" rim
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

one questions if i may.
          got a cj5. Put on 33's which caught the fenders. Did a SOA conv and a 1.5" body lift and was told my jeep is top heavy as i have put her on her side once b4. True or not? ok she is high cause if i dont stand on the bumper its diff to work on the motor. She has the stock shackles still on.
          BIRD WATCHING IS FOR THE FOLKS THAT DON'T HAVE JEEPS.

Comment

I like the height but it is mostly about the clearance. I have 10 inch wide rims on my 33's I love the wide look wouldnt change for anything. My tires catch my flares sometimes when it gets in a little bind. Here is a picture of it below.

Comment

ok got it to work this time

[/IMG]

Comment

that's a good looking jeep bro, if you don't want to give up the sweet rims, then a 1" will give you a little more room to flex fer shure. I wouldn't go more than 1". and you can git black poly so it will still look clean. the only thing is the fan shroud, and it's easy.

shux, I got a 4" lift with a 1" body lift and I run 35" !

of course I have done some "trimming"
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

this is what my cj5 looks like with the soa with body lift on 33s.

I have been told that she is top heavy but I do not have the real knowledge to know if it really is or not. Aft the soa I do have steering probs.
                  Last edited by cjsteve; 11-29-07, 04:26 PM.
                  BIRD WATCHING IS FOR THE FOLKS THAT DON'T HAVE JEEPS.

Comment

I went with the Daystar 1 inch body lift and yes the pucks are black so you won,t see them on that Sweet..jeep...here,s my jeep with the 1 inch body lift in it..
                    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

I'm running a 4.5" Suspension lift and I put a 2" Performance Accessories Body lift on my 93' YJ (about $100) and have never had a bit of trouble out of it! The PA kit has everything you need to install it correctly and it's not hard to do either. Me and a buddy did mine in the driveway in an afternoon.

"I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

what size tires are you running in that picture?

Comment

Those are 33 x 12.5 Pro Comp Xterrans. These are some of the best tires I've ever seen!

Comment

I am running a 3.5 inch suspension lift and a 1 inch body lift with 33X12.5 BFG tires on my 93 YJ. Everything I have read advises 1" body lift is max to avoid cracking the tub.
                            Never the last trail!:cactus:

Comment

Been running the 2" PA kit for 3 years now and No cracks in my tub!

Comment

Working...
                              X