Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower control arm brakcet ready to rip off

well decided to check out the under side of the jeep today and noticed the my passenger side lower control arm mount (at the axle) has a major crack in it, basically ready to rip off soon as I hit a rock. I really dont have the money tp replace thre entire brakcet, do you guys think just a simple re-weld and maye add control arm skids (welded on) will be good enough? the skids would help the strength issue.

and anyone have a welder and want to help a poor college kid out?
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Currie makes a direct weld on bracket. It just needs to be welded on. Easy install..

Brett
    offroadwerkz.com
    (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
      well decided to check out the under side of the jeep today and noticed the my passenger side lower control arm mount (at the axle) has a major crack in it, basically ready to rip off soon as I hit a rock. I really dont have the money tp replace thre entire brakcet, do you guys think just a simple re-weld and maye add control arm skids (welded on) will be good enough? the skids would help the strength issue.

and anyone have a welder and want to help a poor college kid out?
      Dude,
      You are such a pain in the... LCA. If you can bring it by here I'll weld it for you. I have some scrap flat bar we can reinforce it with. That's what I did to mine (ripped mine completely off in the middle of Holcomb when I was by myself). Since I reinforced it it's been through JV twice and everywhere else including Holcomb. No Ill effects.

Kurt
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks guys! Ill definitly keep in touch....

hmmm who is the better welder?
        [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

if you end up getting a new bracket dont go through CURRIE. when i was lookin for one they would not sell on by itself only the whole kit.... then the man said he would do me a favor and sell me just that one for $145.... ya some favor.... call polyperformance and get one of the rubicon express ones. very cheap.. or buy right from rubicon

www.polyperformance.com
          starvin student...

Comment

thanks! I think I am just going to re-weld the crack and add skids and re-enforce it as much as I can before JV. thanks

Comment

well I just patched the crack and made my own skids and welded them on. Worked out pretty well. I mean it did survive Sledge this weekend! so thats a good thing right?

Comment

Working...
              X