Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhh,,, good priced used fox shocks werent part of the argument...But Yeah I would be all over those.
    Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

I have the same question about best shocks, except I have a '07 JK with a Black Diamond 2" lift. I installed them just before the Poker Run and the AT shocks turned my Jeep into a Pogo Stick. HiWay ride is also terrible. Anyone have any Ideas for a proper shock. I drive Jeep everyday plus drive the desert a couple of times a week.(retired). So I need to handle both. If someone can Help I sure could use it. Thanks

Comment

rancho 9000 or bilstein i still get paid hehehhehe
        BS Fab: 'Cause Close is Good Enough...

Comment

no you dont...
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Best for the buck is the Bilstein 5150 with 255/70 valving for all around use crawling/hauling/street.
            1999 [color=red]Jeep[/color] Cherokee Sport 4X4 4DR
            1999 [color=white]Jeep[/color] Cherokee Sport 4X4 2DR DD

Comment

see ive heard contradicting stories about 5150s some say great some say suck... I think i just gonna save up and go with some Fox 2.0 resivors. If your gonna do it might as well do it once right?

But for now im running rancho 9000XLs in the front and 5125s in the rear.
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

The Bilstein 7100 is a fine shock also. Im running those on the front of my red Jeep, 5150's rear.
                My white Jeep has 5150's all around.

Comment

yeah i have a set of 7100s that i was thinking about using but they need to be rebuilt and i need to buy the barpin eliminators all the jazz to mount them up... i might swap them in later.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Heres what I did for the lower mount of my 7100's. I removed the Bilstein spherical bearing and used a poly bushing with the stock barpin. Has worked great so far.
                    [sized]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee59/blazair/Carnage/6580.jpg[/sized]

Comment

hey allen want to sell the 7100s, are they like my old ones, or is the body short??

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                      yeah i have a set of 7100s that i was thinking about using but they need to be rebuilt and i need to buy the barpin eliminators all the jazz to mount them up... i might swap them in later.

Comment

huh i never thought about taking the bearing out and using rubber busings thats pretty sweet. Thanks for the pic. Whatd you do on the upper mount?

PMed you Kev.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

For the top I just used the typical shock adapters and the Bilstein provided spacers and washer as spacer. Shock adapters are rotated so that the clevis ears are fwd and aft of the shock.
                          Last edited by blazair; 11-15-07, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Been running Bilsteins for years never a problem as long as you get the right valving. My front 5150s are valved at 255 while my rear 7100 are valved at 275.

Comment

I ran Rancho 5000s for several years on my YJ. The ride was always very harsh. I used to say that it rode like it had square wheels.

When they finally wore out, I replaced them with a set of Rancho 9000s. Rear set on 7 front set on 5. For a leaf spring suspension, it rides pretty nice on and off road.
                              Never the last trail!:cactus:

Comment

I had Rancho 9000 shock on for atleast 10 years. I just changed to the MX6 shocks. I love the ride with the MX6. It is just night and day.

Brett
                                offroadwerkz.com
                                (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Working...
                                X