Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension

if i raised my jeep 1-4inches; would it be bad to raise it by buying a new coil spacer to make it higher. like i guess in other words wouldn't that make my jeep a little rougher of a ride? and what else would i need to change if i made this raise?
    Last edited by reelfisher10; 10-28-07, 10:13 PM.

The difference between 1 and 4 inches is quite alot. I'd do some searching if I were you. Sounds like it might be over your head.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Any time you lift or lower a vehicle, its going to change the ride quality. And I second the motion of doing more reaseach before you buy anything. And whatever you do, do it right the first time, cuz it might cost you big if you dont.

Comment

what if you got the adjustable spacers where you can adjust from 1.5 to about 4". would that not really work well because of the shocks and maybe some other things?

Comment

What year is your grand?

Speaking only of ZJ's you do not want more than 2" pucks or you risk the chance of unseating the spring.

ACOS work fine front and rear, but your not likely to net more than 2-1/2" of lift, or once again you risk unseating the springs.

The best bang for your buck for 3" of lift is to do a front to rear spring swap and buy new springs for the front and 4 new shocks.

Anything more than 3" and you need to start replacing many more parts than just the springs/shocks or adding spacers. Even at 3" of lift you should probably modify your trackbars or switch to adjustable trackbars.

Spend some time at www.nagca.com/forum
          and
          http://kevinsoffroad.com/zj/zjlifts.html
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

its a 1995. so if lifted it 2" (using spacers) i wont have to modify anything else.. oh and how much does it screw you on gas mileage as you lift it up.

Comment

Originally posted by reelfisher10 View Post
              its a 1995. so if lifted it 2" (using spacers) i wont have to modify anything else..
              You should get new shocks. And maybe some post extensions for the rear if you plan on using it off road.

Originally posted by reelfisher10 View Post
              oh and how much does it screw you on gas mileage as you lift it up.
              Jeep and good gas mileage are oxymorons. Why are you even asking?
              Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Lifting alone does very little to effect gas milage, its when you go bigger tires that it starts killing you MPG...
                |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

well im getting about 20mpg now and i just wanted to know if it was gonna go to shit by getting it lifted.

Comment

if you do lift it (especially around 4.5") youll look funny with those stock wheels and tires.

If you really want to lift your ZJ, save your pennies just go with a decent kit like the RE 4.5" super-flex kit.
                    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

i have All Terrain T/A KO. 15"rims and the tires are like 1 inch oversized from stock i think so i dont think i will look like a complete dumbass. maybe close.

Comment

hahahaha shouldnt be too bad then.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                        X