Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theft switch?

I know alarms and etc stuff doesnt help much,what about a kill switch of some sort somewhere? Anyone have something like this? If a thief wants it the alarm wont stop them,so i want something that will stop them.

I have a switch that kills the coil, cranks but wont fire. Quick and easy to do
    Its no fun without family

Comment

Originally posted by Gwjvw View Post
      I know alarms and etc stuff doesnt help much,what about a kill switch of some sort somewhere? Anyone have something like this? If a thief wants it the alarm wont stop them,so i want something that will stop them.
      I have a kill switch on the CJ...but honestly, if a thief REALLY wants it...they'll push it, tow it...whatever and figure it out later.

Just do what I do...make it so damn unappealing that nobody will want it!:thumbs_up
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez View Post
        I have a kill switch on the CJ...but honestly, if a thief REALLY wants it...they'll push it, tow it...whatever and figure it out later.

Just do what I do...make it so damn unappealing that nobody will want it!:thumbs_up
        YES The uglier the better LOL

Comment

I like the coil idea,so tell me how you did yours?

Comment

I like the coil idea,so tell me how you did yours?
            Mine is an ingnition switch kill actually. Find your wire on the ingnition switch for the "on" position. Not the "start" position. Cut it, run wires from both sides to a 30 amp switch. You can hide the switch anywhere you want, but if you make it obvious, like reaching under your fender or on the bumper or something...anyone watching you knows where its at. Mine is right on the dash board...almost everyone that has tried to drive it comes back inside asking..."Is there a trick to it or something?"

"Yea, turn it on..."
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Mines ran to the coil kills spark when switch is flipped. You can also run a switch to the fuel pump (elect.) truck will run until the fuel in the line is gone

Comment

There's an ASD (auto shut down) relay inside the Power Distribution Center on the passenger-side fender well. Splicing a switch into the control coil side of that relay so it can't energize is a sure-fire engine killer and most thieves won't be bright enough to figure it out.
                The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

LoJak.
                  I'm 2 for 3 with 1, had it on 3 vehicles used it twice with minimal damages. Most of the time a stolen vehicle is left to "cool off" before they get stripped in case has a tracking device. Worth the cost, no monthly fees, great piece of mind and you get to prosecute the bastards. And 1 convicted tow truck driver.
                  Also some of the Jeeps came with a special key that won't let the Jeep run for more then 2 minutes if it's not used.

B&T TJ

Comment

Is there a way you could put a switch right to the battery lead?
                    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                    [_____]
                    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                    []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ View Post
                      LoJak.
                      I'm 2 for 3 with 1, had it on 3 vehicles used it twice with minimal damages. Most of the time a stolen vehicle is left to "cool off" before they get stripped in case has a tracking device. Worth the cost, no monthly fees, great piece of mind and you get to prosecute the bastards. And 1 convicted tow truck driver.
                      Also some of the Jeeps came with a special key that won't let the Jeep run for more then 2 minutes if it's not used.

B&T TJ
                      How much.

Comment

How much.
                        Last time I bought one was 02, I think it was 695.00 for the basic tracking unit, (I don't need no stinkin alarm) I've always bought them new, I just factored it into the cost. Insurance co. gives me a break too.

Comment

this all should have been pm'd I think...

I'm not posting any of my security junk for all the world to see
                          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                            this all should have been pm'd I think...

I'm not posting any of my security junk for all the world to see
                            Can you PM me your alarm setup and a map to your house?

I think you're overly paranoid!!!
                            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

oh, my bad...

BTW,

I work at the Victorville Federal Prison with inmates all day.

And I git to see all of their friends on visiting day, you know, from the neighborhood...

they all sure do drive fancy cars for being in such a low income bracket.

sleep tight!
                              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                              X