Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was driving my jeep the other day and all of a sudden the temp gauge maxed out so I pulled over and checked and nothing about it was running hot. Next the gauge starts dancing up and down and my speedometer quit working as well as my brights indicator. I pulled the dash apart checking plugs what else could cause this?

check you ground connections there is one that goes right to the block from the gage cluster.
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

if you have an electrical diagram, look for what is coming with temp, brights, and speedo. it could be a bad ground somewhere. if the problem is flickering like that, i would think you have an electrical connection that is loose and breaking contact when you hit the bumps.

this is one of the reasons i have a CJ. much easier to work on, and a lot less "stuff" to deal with

Comment

Sometimes the gauges will all quit for me, I just smack the top a few times and it all works again.

Comment

possible bad fuse? id start there...
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by DEADMEAT View Post
            if you have an electrical diagram, look for what is coming with temp, brights, and speedo. it could be a bad ground somewhere. if the problem is flickering like that, i would think you have an electrical connection that is loose and breaking contact when you hit the bumps.

this is one of the reasons i have a CJ. much easier to work on, and a lot less "stuff" to deal with
            X2 like he said get a schematic and see what all those have in common...start there.
            Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

the sencer could be going bad or the wire to it could be too near some thing really hot..... thats what happen to my friends cj so we moved the wire and the gauge went back to normal for the dancing gauges i have no clue but the bad ground sound right to
              BS Fab: 'Cause Close is Good Enough...

Comment

Working...
              X