Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires

Hi all, I went ahead and purchased 33x12.50 tires for my TJ,from 31x10.50,s I don,t think the spare will fit because of the upper single brake light...What have any of you done i a situation like this one ..LOL..Help..Geeb P.S. by the way it,s a 97 if that matters..
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Just insert some 1.5" tubular spacers around the 3rd brake light bolts between the spare tire bracket and 3rd brakelight, and 1.5" longer bolts to allow use of those 1.5" tubular spacers. Any hardware store will have them and you can go for plastic, nylon, aluminum or steel (paint them though) spacers.
    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

We just took a block of wood, drilled some holes, and used it for a spacer - works great!

Comment

Have you actually tried it yet? My third brake light is still taller than my 33x12.5 on the stock carrier.

I did, however, have to space out the little rubber nubs on the tailgate so the tire wouldn't rattle/shake as much. I used the stock bumpstops (cut in half) to space them out and 'cinch' the tire against the tailgate. If you don't have a frame/bumper mounted spare tire carrier, you might want to do this to prolong the life of your tailgate hinges while you're saving your pennies for one. Mine still seems fine after about 2-3 months of it being mounted on the stock carrier but your results may vary!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Hey Thanks all, Here I thought it was gonna be a pain in the neck..LOL..yes Materdaddy I tried it it,s not happening..Thanks again all..Geeb

Comment

My third brake light was taken of a LONG time ago...

I may have to reconsider install some sort of third brake light however, since I have the Vanco brakes...they definitely have changed my driving habits some!
            -Bob
            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

A real quick complaint

Where are the pics of your new tires!?!?

3rd brake light!? Whats that!?

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                Hey Thanks all, Here I thought it was gonna be a pain in the neck..LOL..yes Materdaddy I tried it it,s not happening..Thanks again all..Geeb
                Strange... what 33x12.5 tires do you have? We both have 97's which means our stock carrier should be the same. Mine are Goodyear MT/Rs, and although worn down some (not bald, but close) they fit with a bit of room.
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I have the pro comp mud tires I,ll try again,,I actually just kinda eye balled it this time I,m gonna put it on ..Geeb.P.S. Sar Jeeper I have the pictures I,ll post them when you have the time to come over and help me out with this computer..LoL..Thanks guys ..Geeb

Comment

3rd light

I had to take mine off for same reason... it's still corner of garage three years later... here in south orange county we don't get much enformcement on things like that...

Comment

Geebo...just email them to me at my kg6dfh email, and I'll post'em for you.

Comment

Ok Steve I,ll do that plus those deer pic,s from last week..Geeb

Comment

Damn your Jeep is too clean!

Comment

Thanks Steve!! That TJ in the previous thread is mine [Geebo] thought i,d post it with my new 33x12.50 Pro Comp mud terrians i like em and yesterday went out in the mud my rig was BROWN..LOL..hey thanks for posting it for me Sa Jeeper...Geeb

Comment

Working...
                            X