Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flat towing prob

ive always flat towed my yj with no problems latly i changed a few things now it dont turn when i tow it i had a tru trac up front and i swaped it out for a lock right i also add wheel spacers when axels diconected each tires turns independently like an open diff could the wheel spacers do it
    :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

first and formost, is the key in the ignition so the steering wheel will turn? make sure the transfer case is in neutral and the hubs unlocked. not really sure if that will cause it not to turn but that should be done when its towed anyways. is the problem just in sand or on the road also? thats about all i can think of. good luck
    97' TJ, tera low 4:1, 60 HP rear, 44 HP front, arb, custom LA suspension, 37" MTR, warn xd9000i

Comment

That the driver's side of your YJ's axle is not unlocked from the t-case may be causing the new locker to be locked up a little more firmly than it should be for flat-towing. Locking the front axle in a YJ is always a little more tricky than it is with a TJ that totally disconnects the front driveshaft. When in 2wd, the YJ only disconnects the passenger-side wheel at the mid-point on the axleshaft. And actually, make sure too that the vacuum-actuated disconnect for the passenger-side disconnect is actually working. If it's not, that could also account for your flat-towing problem since installing the front locker.

Try removing the front driveshaft and see if that helps for towing. If it does, then you either need to install manual hubs so you can completely unlock the front wheels, or you need to remove the front driveshaft each time you tow. Or you need to get the passenger-side axle disconnect system working.
      The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

alright thanks man il trythat hopefully that does it
        :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Working...
        X