Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilderness or lod rear carrier??

Im stuck between the wilderness or the lod rear tire swing/gerry can,hilift and rack. Does one hold up any better than the other after time.Is this the way to go or are these combo carriers junk?

i recently acquired one that is stand-alone body-mounted and will carry 2 jerry cans against the tailgate, my tire suspended behind these, and a hi-lift jack.

personally, i am going to install it mainly for the jerry cans, and will probably leave the tire inside the vehicle and hi-lift on the hood for most of its life.

my TJ gets very back heavy with only the rear tub filled with parts, tools, and gear, let alone crap hanging off the back tail.

can't imagine what it would be like if i had 200 pounds dangling off the tailgate.

just my 2 cents.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Im going with the lod front bumper and for the rear im not going to be hangin anything but my tire and hi-lift so that leaves me with two choices the lod rear carrier or the ats wilderness. Man this is stressful :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gwjvw View Post
        Im going with the lod front bumper and for the rear im not going to be hangin anything but my tire and hi-lift so that leaves me with two choices the lod rear carrier or the ats wilderness. Man this is stressful :-)
        Take a look at the Rock Hard 4x4 rear bumper. I have one and it's built very strong. You have the option to add to it in the furture. Or not.
        Check out .

Comment

Working...
        X