Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t.p.s. sensor help needed

ok so ive had to do alot of work on the tj rescently.somthings i did that i did not have to do were the throttle body spacer and hi flow throttle body from rubicon express. the throttle position sensor keeps throwing off a code. is this a normal problem? is there anyway of correcting it short of putting everything back to stock?

Mine did the TPS code. It is an very easy fix. two screws and a wiring connection on the side if the throttle body. It is spring loaded and need to be clokced when inserting.

Comment

im not sure , how does that work?

Comment

Just try reinstalling the TPS. You may not have gotten its slot aligned with the tab inside the TB. That tab rotates with the TB butterfly valve which in turn rotates the TPS internally so it tells the computer what is happening. I've replaced several TPS's and never saw one that was "clockable", but it was possible to not get it properly seated over that tab in the TB that it must be aligned with as you seat the TPS into the TB.

One more thing... that TB spacer WON'T DO A THING to help with performance or fuel economy. About all they'll increase is the noise level. Spacers help under carburetors and throttle-body injection (TBI) engines but the 4.0L engine isn't either one of those. All that is flowing through the TJ's TB is air.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

thanks for all the info, wish i knew about the spacer before hand .

Comment

Working...
          X