Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripped down and naked

Looking to get her naked . . . and wanted to find out the right tool/process to remove the doors without taking the paint off the nuts? Also, I've seen some spring like things for the door sensor, making it think the door is closed . . . any idea where I can get some or other tricks that work? I have some stock mirrors off of my Harley . . . anyone know if they will work on the Jeep?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

you can just take the fuse out behind the glove box for the dome light
    Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

You lose your lights on buzzer if you pull the door fuse which bit me in the ass today! I took the door nuts off by using a wrench 1 size too big (if it was 12mm, I used the closest standard size, or vice versa... I don't remember off the top of my head). Anyways, put a shop towel (those blue paper towels) between the wrench and the nut. Should work to not scrape the paint up.

Then, to remove the door, put one arm on either side for two reasons. First, the doors are heavier than you think. Second, it makes it easy to rock it back and forth to pull the pin out w/o losing control and scratching up the jeep!

HTH!
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
        You lose your lights on buzzer if you pull the door fuse which bit me in the ass today!
        lights n buzzer? whats that

Comment

Hey, I herd a rumor that once upon a time the lights and stuff actually lit up and buzzed and did all kinds of neat stuff when you did stuff to your jeep... you know before the deep water crossings and the "custom" foglights and "optional" bodywork...
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by KNCJeeper View Post
            lights on buzzer? whats that
            The buzzer that reminds you that your lights are on! I had a drained battery and had to attempt to push start the Jeep... Rolls a lot easier than you'd expect with 33" MTRs!

Comment

hmmm..
              when I turn my lights on, I turn them off when I turn the Jeep off.

When I remove the nuts on the doors, I toss them in the glove box and never put them back on anyway.
              It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Just remove fuse #4 behind the glove box which will keep the interior lights from turning on when the door is open or removed. With that fuse out, you can still turn them on as usual with the dashlight rotary control. Jeep designed fuse #4 for this purpose, for when the doors are removed.

If someone can't be entrusted with turning their lights off unless the buzzer is present that is disabled by removing the #4 fuse, they would have never survived back before there were key-buzzers. I guess some just need external reminders for everything. I haven't had fuse #4 installed for probably ten years and I've yet to have a dead battery from forgetting to turn the lights off.
                The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
                  Just remove fuse #4 behind the glove box which will keep the interior lights from turning on when the door is open or removed. With that fuse out, you can still turn them on as usual with the dashlight rotary control. Jeep designed fuse #4 for this purpose, for when the doors are removed.

If someone can't be entrusted with turning their lights off unless the buzzer is present that is disabled by removing the #4 fuse, they would have never survived back before there were key-buzzers. I guess some just need external reminders for everything. I haven't had fuse #4 installed for probably ten years and I've yet to have a dead battery from forgetting to turn the lights off.
                  Well la-di-da....

I'm not used to starting my commute when it's dark so I forgot the lights were on when I arrived at my destination and it was no longer dark.

Oh yeah, Jerry, I have a clutch over-ride switch too... in case I forget that too :devil: hehe

Comment

Heh, I knew that'd rile you up a tad Mat.
                    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
                      Heh, I knew that'd rile you up a tad Mat.
                      Jerry,

I had to read it twice... I never knew you were one for low blows!

-Irresponsible Mat

Comment

hmmm i didnt even know what a light buzzer was...guess im just always on top of my game :p

Comment

Working...
                        X