Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff Guards???

I'm planning to put some diff guards on my Rubi while the stock ones are still in good shape. There are so many to choose from and I was hoping I could hear which ones work best from some of you that have put them to the test! I've got the 44's front and rear.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Warn seams to work good for me, the Nth degree sliders work well to protect your yokes and the bottom of the diffs of my Rubi 44's
    just my 2 cents
    moon buggy
    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

I was looking at diff guards today and thought the ARB and SOLID one looked pretty good, but was wondering if anyone had used them...the solid one looked good for the price too $99

not trying to take over your thread bro...just help on the input
      Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

JP magazine did an interesting diff cover test in the August issue. They wanted to see which ones were "bulletproof" so they took a bunch of diff covers out to the desert and shot them with different caliber guns. They rated them by the size bullet that pierced the cover and made it unusable. The Great Lake Extreme Offroad "up armored" cover was the only one that rated bulletproof. The Solid cover rated .454 Casull. The ARB cover wasn't tested.
        Dennis
        04 TJ
        4.0/Auto
        RE 4.5 Long Arm
        Rock-It Man Rockers
        33x12.50 BFG A/T
        desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

I have the Riddlers diff covers. They are identical to the Crane ones, but half the price. They slide right over everything I hit with them. I dont like the idea of having a diff cover and then a diff protection gaurd on there also.
          here is kind of a pic of my front one:
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

i use a crane for the 44, and warn for the turdy, i cant get myself to spend any money on the front, so two peice it is.... i like those riddler one's though.

Comment

www.mad4wd.com has rockcrusher ones (SOLID) for pretty damn cheap compares to everyone else... just make sure they have them in stock ready to ship o rit will take you FOREVER to get them... those Riddlers look pretty sweet...
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

i have Solid on both my d30 and 8.8. i'm impressed with both. the price was right and the protection has been great

Comment

Anyone ever use the one from Ruffstuff Specialties? ~$100-$120 for 3/8" thick steel , optional drain plug ($5) and optional countersunk mounting holes ($5)...!

link ---> http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...2778cdd5b00b3a
                  Last edited by steelman; 08-24-07, 08:01 AM.
                  -Bob
                  '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

I have the Riddler diff cover on my D44 in the rear. I have beat it up pretty good on numerous rocks and am happy to report that it has withstood all abuse it has seen. Price was right, and it was shipped immediately after I ordered it.
                    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

any links for the riddler diff covers? I am looking for D30 covers...
                      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                        any links for the riddler diff covers? I am looking for D30 covers...
                        http://www.rokmen.com/rc_covers.html
                        -Bob
                        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Suh-weet! I am gonna pick me up sum covers! I think desert Jewel might hit this to!

Thanx for the link!
                          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Deamer View Post
                            JP magazine did an interesting diff cover test in the August issue. They wanted to see which ones were "bulletproof" so they took a bunch of diff covers out to the desert and shot them with different caliber guns. They rated them by the size bullet that pierced the cover and made it unusable. The Great Lake Extreme Offroad "up armored" cover was the only one that rated bulletproof. The Solid cover rated .454 Casull. The ARB cover wasn't tested.
                            I cracked up at the article. I thought to my self," Who's gonna' shoot my dif that this test had to be done." Anyway I ran Warn covers front and back, beat the crap out of them, held up.
                            “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                            -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I got my Riddler from www.4x4rockshop.com

No shipping and no sales tax.
                              Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Working...
                              X