Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket gauges

i'm starting to think about adding some gauges to my instrument cluster for my TJ I6. post what you think would be important to monitor with either a new or upgrade from factory gauge, or post a suggestion of something i should consider in addition to the list.

since i was supposed to put a poll and forgot to click the button for it, here are the choices instead of voting:

transmission temp
    oil temp
    oil pressure
    coolant temp
    steering fluid temp

cheers
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Coolant Temp, and Tranny Temp (especially if you have an AW4) Those are the only two i would recommend. The rest i think would just be looks. I forgot the name of the guage company but a lot of people i know are using them and theyre good and cheap, ill post it later when i remember. Other then that if you wanna go really expensive but good, theres Defi gauges and Autometer...
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I'd add oil pressure as an important gauge.
      The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/tj_swap.htm
        The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Cool site

B&T TJ

Comment

transmission temp.... not a bad idea.
            oil temp.. not important.
            oil pressure... the stock cluster has this one.
            coolant temp... stock cluster has this one too.
            steering fluid temp..when it boils, it's hot. otherwise it's nothing to worry about.
            It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

get a big tach and a huge shift light!!! mount them on the hood!!!!

Comment

The gaugues I was talking about are by a company called pro-sport.... heres the link.

http://www.prosportgauges.com/
                |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
                  get a big tach and a huge shift light!!! mount them on the hood!!!!
                  doesn't do much good with an automatic

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive View Post
                    oil pressure... the stock cluster has this one.
                    coolant temp... stock cluster has this one too.
                    true, however i've heard contradicting stories about their accuracy. any thoughts?

thanks for the other comments also

Comment

well my autometer temp gauge i have on my thermostat housing does differ from the stock unit but thats only due to their difference in location. They are close enought that using one or the other would do just fine.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I really love this look. This is what I want to do with mine just different gauges, but with the brushed aliuminum and everything.

Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

That empty one on the lower right, that's where you put the pics of the kids and/or the wife or GF... I did this with the "clock" on my '91YJ and it's pretty cool to have the backlit pic of the kids with me all the time.
                          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                          X