Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thump Thump

Well...it appears i've finally done it!
    Yup, tried to teach a friend of mine (Ok...maybe a little more the "just friends") how to drive a manual.

I dunno how she did it, cause she didn't HIT anything, but she somehow warped my rear passenger wheel. The "whump whump whump" at low speeds is driving me nuts! Sooo...how might I got about fixing it other than having to buy a new wheel?
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Something doesn't sound right on this one. It takes hitting a curb or picking the wrong line in a rock garden to warp a wheel (assuming that they are steel, otherwise they just crack).

Start with a quick trip to get a balance on the tire. See if that does the trick.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

if you have a full size spare, swap it with the bad tire. if you still have a noise, it's not the tire.
      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
        if you have a full size spare, swap it with the bad tire. if you still have a noise, it's not the tire.
        Yeah, what he said...
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Haha, I don't have a full sized spare though. What else could be thumping? I REALLY hope she didn't screw up anything in the driveline. It's sounds like a warped wheel, cause it any speed it turns into a rhythmatic whirring noise like a high pitched "Whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo" No popping noises, or grinding, or sounds of anything hitting anything, just the classic subtle thumping of a slightly warped wheel. She didn't hit any curbs, I just remember the noise starting while she was driving the car...starting off from sitting at a dead stop.
          WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
          [_____]
          (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
          []--o---[]

Comment

Working...
          X