Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Quick Disconnects?

Any advice on what would be the best quick disconnects for an 06 Rubicon? Are they easy to install yourself or is it a job best left to the pro's?

P.S. - In case I can't get the quick disconnects before my next outing any insight into disconnecting a stock Rubi?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

I'm sure you'll hear tons of opinions, but the best (to me) are the JKS Quicker Disconnects. Fairly easy install, and super easy once they're on to disconnect and more importantly, reconnect. I think most are easy to disconnect when installed, but reconnecting them to go back ON road, are a pain in the butt. HTH.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Hey Materdaddy . . . thanks for the input. I was checking out the JKS discos online and wasn't sure if the standard "Quick" or the newer "Quicker" ones were better. Do I need any special tools, cutting, etc or would this be a simple one man afternoon in the garage type of job?
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
        Hey Materdaddy . . . thanks for the input. I was checking out the JKS discos online and wasn't sure if the standard "Quick" or the newer "Quicker" ones were better. Do I need any special tools, cutting, etc or would this be a simple one man afternoon in the garage type of job?
        The only 'special' tools (besides a T45 or T55 torx bit, i don't remember which) is somewhat optional. To install the "storage pins" you will need an F sized drill bit and a 5/16"X18 Tap. I'd say you need a TRE puller, but your jeep is new enough the old links should be easily removed with a BFH!

Here's an amazingly detailed write-up on the install:
        http://www.4x4xplor.com/jks-qd.html

Comment

Hi all, I agree the JKS quicker disconnects are easy I,ve only been out twice since I had them but they do seem really easy both ways on and off..Better than how I was doing it, having to take the bolts off an tie them up was a real pain in the rear..by the way I have a 97 tj 4.0 only 56,000 miles dana 30 front 44 limited slip in the rear ..Geeb
          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

for $5 you can buy some 7/16" bolts, wing nuts, and bungee straps (to hold up the sway bar to the body) at the hardware store. work fine for me and you save $145.
            03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
              for $5 you can buy some 7/16" bolts, wing nuts, and bungee straps (to hold up the sway bar to the body) at the hardware store. work fine for me and you save $145.
              This is the type of discos that I am using and I love them. You can only use them for stock to 2" lifts, but they are cheap and quick to install. You could easily have them before your next run.Somewhere on this site is a How To article from Jeep Gal.

PS: just make sure the pins on NOT on the tire side.
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Meh... JKS are sweet... LoL

Comment

I have the JKS, they are quick and easy to use. No problems at all.
                  Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X