Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding from scratch.. help plz

Hi everyone. I was just given a 78' CJ-7 with a chev 350 block. that jeep was in an accident and now i am restoring it to be bigger and badder then before. I know what i am doing about wheels, brakes, tires and suspension. the thing i really need help on is under the hood. i rebuilt what i knew to rebuild and i am down to the nitty gritty stuff i think?? i have the block, new carb, new intake manifold, new headers and other basic stuff. JC whitney is not very helpful, so i turn to real jeepers for help. drop me hints on radiators, fans, belts, hoses, alternator??, e-fans, anything. i want it to be a mean, beefy 350. all help will be most greatful.

bump!!!

Comment

A stock 350 will be more than enough for a Jeep. You can just go to your local auto parts store for hoses and belts. Electric fan verses belted it just up to your preference. You'll can a little power by using electric
      instead of a mechanical fan, but w/ the 350 it won't matter much either way. For alternator, figure out what accessories your gonna run (lights?) then size it accordingly. I have a 100 amp alt running an elec fan off road lights and rock lights. Also available at a FLAPS.

IMO, best to get it running first, drive it, then decide where the upgrade money is best spent.
      Mike in Vista
      1942 Willys MB, 1956 Willys Wagon

Comment

Working...
      X