Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up Country Suspension?

hey i own a 96' jeep grand cherokee and it seems to sit a bit higher than the stock ZJ model jeeps.. How can i tell if i have the up country suspension or not?
    thanks in advance..

Up Country should sit approx 1" taller than non Up Country. Rumor has it that the Up Country package had the shocks mounted body up, boot down. All other ZJs came stock with shocks body down. Take you VIN # to a dealer and get a build sheet and you will know 100%.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

weird well sure enough my shocks are boot down body up and i noticed that my stock tire size is p245/75R/15..it has the front tow hooks and tow package and skid plate for transfer case and gas tank..so maybee i do have the up country but i heard that upcountry ZJ's had bilstein shocks and mine are unmarked..i called the jeep dealers and they didnt even know what upcountry was lol.

Comment

It sure sounds like you have the Up Country package. They used Sachs-Boge gas shocks from the factory and I am pretty sure they were unmarked.
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

yeah it has to be because with the p245 70R15 tires it still has about a good 5 or 6 inches of clearance to the fenders.. and i drove next to a stock jeep and they dont even have that much clearance with the p225 tires with the stock wheels.

Comment

Working...
          X