Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tj Air Conditioning Problems

The a/c on my TJ decided it wants to blow air mostly from the defrost vent on all settings. Any ideas on what this could be? Last time it did this was because a vaccum hose came off a box that is located inside the frame behind the passenger side front tire. This line is connected and I followed it and there are no breaks in the line????? Help me out here guys???
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

I would still blame the vaccume lines... should be a cheap fix at the dealership... can't be more than $1,000- to fix....
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

The default setting for the a/c blower controls is the defrost setting. So something has caused your ac to go into the default mode. How's that for helpful?
      Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

The vacuum actuator on the plenum door can be stuck from dirt buildup in the mechanism, or the actuator could be bad. It can also be the control head (the part in the dash panel) that distributes the vacuum to all the actuators under the dash. All simple fixes.
        Kurt
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Or it could be the vacuum line that runs across the top of the firewall. Check that first....did you recently install any wiring under the hood?
          '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Heehee, just take it out and put in a YJ setup...cables and an airbox with levers and chambers that open and close...simplicity at its finest!
            WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
            [_____]
            (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
            []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              The vacuum actuator on the plenum door can be stuck from dirt buildup in the mechanism, or the actuator could be bad. It can also be the control head (the part in the dash panel) that distributes the vacuum to all the actuators under the dash. All simple fixes.
              Kurt
              Now if i had any idea on how to test these things?

Comment

Air conditioning in a Jeep? Just open the windows or take the top off.
                Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
                  Some of us is spoilt...
                  I hardly use mine though. I like the Top off at 50 MPH model. One day i'm takin mine out (A/C that is)

Comment

Rat.....you are the LAST person I would have ever thought who would indulge in creature comforts. Though I must admit, last year when I was near Furnace Creek, I could have really used some A/C comfort.
                    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Rat.....you are the LAST person I would have ever thought who would indulge in creature comforts. Though I must admit, last year when I was near Furnace Creek, I could have really used some A/C comfort.
                      I don't need no stinking A/C... The only time I like A/C is when I ain't leadin.

Comment

All Joking Aside

how about something constructive...Besides, if you have a newer jeep with A/C nothing wrong with using it (therefore it must work) or perhaps I should disconnect my factory cruise control too....M
                        Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 06-14-07, 07:04 PM. Reason: a

Comment

Originally posted by matt2001tj View Post
                          how about something constructive...Besides, if you have a newer jeep with A/C nothing wrong with using it (therefore it must work) or perhaps I should disconnect my factory cruise control too....M
                          OK Chill Matt.... Pun intended.
                          You need a vacuum hand pump to test the actuators and switches. You can get one from Pep Boys or where ever. Napa rents them. If you have a manual for your Jeep it will have specifications for all of the different actuators (how much vacuum it takes to open, etc.) I think you can see the actuator for the lower dump door if you get up under the dash. You can hook the vacuum pump to the port and see if the actuator is working properly. I have a manual if you need info. I can scan pages for you.

Kurt

Comment

Awesome

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                            OK Chill Matt.... Pun intended.
                            You need a vacuum hand pump to test the actuators and switches. You can get one from Pep Boys or where ever. Napa rents them. If you have a manual for your Jeep it will have specifications for all of the different actuators (how much vacuum it takes to open, etc.) I think you can see the actuator for the lower dump door if you get up under the dash. You can hook the vacuum pump to the port and see if the actuator is working properly. I have a manual if you need info. I can scan pages for you.

Kurt
                            that would be super great Kurt, scan away please. Every time I look for a manual for my TJ its not available. Please scan and email to mattmcgaha@yahoo.com THANX

Comment

sweet

Originally posted by matt2001tj View Post
                              that would be super great Kurt, scan away please. Every time I look for a manual for my TJ its not available. Please scan and email to mattmcgaha@yahoo.com THANX
                              Sarah was nice enough to send me the Sarah/sahara edition version manual for my TJ so I can fix the problem..MATT

Comment

Working...
                              X