Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep the spare?

Is there any sense in weighing down my rear door with my stock spare if I have 31's on the Jeep now? I dont know for sure, but I dont think I would be able to run that size with other in case of a flat. Am I correct? Should I take it off and chuck it?

I would keep it, better to run a little smaller spare then have no tire whatsoever. What if your stuck in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere? I say keep it, 30lbs is nothing in comparison to your 4,000lb Jeep.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I agree! Don't chuck the spare, it may come in handy, although I would save up and see about investing in a full size spare, just because since it IS a smaller tire, it would have to remain temporary, and if left on for too long would wreak havoc on your other three tires.
      WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
      [_____]
      (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
      []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy View Post
        I agree! Don't chuck the spare, it may come in handy, although I would save up and see about investing in a full size spare, just because since it IS a smaller tire, it would have to remain temporary, and if left on for too long would wreak havoc on your other three tires.
        Not to mention your r&p. Your diff would probably blow up w/ too different of tire sizes.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

It would be alright to get you around for a little while until you could replace the tire, but that's why they call it "A Spare!"
          WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
          [_____]
          (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
          []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
            Not to mention your r&p. Your diff would probably blow up w/ too different of tire sizes.
            This is what I was worried about. What is R&P though? I was concerned it would rip my diffs or something.. but it is okay to drive on it.. just to get me home or whatver?

This is a great forum.. I have so many questions about what me jeep is doing. I guess I should start a new thread for each one.. or just toss them all in one thread or what. What would you guys suggest?

Comment

R&P = Ring and pinion... and i would suggest searching for all your questions before hand and if you still havent found what your looking for THEN post up a question. Trust me, most things have already been covered MANY times.

and yes it should be good enough to get you home...
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I had a look around and yeah.. I think many of my questions have been covered in some capacity - thanks for that heads up. I guess it can be kinda annoying to hear the same thing over and over. Thanks also for the spare info. Since its okay to drive on it I will definately keep it on the back. Lord knows that I would get a flat the first time I drive without it.

Comment

yeah, the best way to keep from breaking something is to have the spare readily available! LOL!
                  at HDR I saw a guy with spare axles hose clamped to his rollcage... sure bet he will never need them!
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                    yeah, the best way to keep from breaking something is to have the spare readily available! LOL!
                    at HDR I saw a guy with spare axles hose clamped to his rollcage... sure bet he will never need them!
                    Probably Russ. He did need them. Somebody in front of him on the trail broke their D35, so his part (for the 3rd time) was used, on somebody other than himself!
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

well, yeah, but HE didn't need 'em per se...

you get the idea
                      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

i carry a full set of spare axle shafts and a spare tire. i have not needed them yet but i know i will someday and its worth it to me to always have them.

Comment

Working...
                        X