Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i???

so my buddy is sellin his 88 yj, 4.2, 5spd, 3 inch lift, 33's...he claims about 20ish grand into her includeing purchase price...i think i might grab her...8500-8900 range.. canadian dollars that is...any advice??? good deal?? flaws with that? i know yjs arent the best, but i was gonna use it as a stricktly for fun vehicle, not my dd.

I wouldn't, that year has the POS Peugeot BA 10/5 transmission plus a notoriously fussy carburetor on its 4.2L engine. The Peugeot tranny is likely on its last legs, it has a terrible reputation. Plus I'm not good with Cdn to US dollars but that price sounds outrageously high for that old of a YJ.
    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
      I wouldn't, that year has the POS Peugeot BA 10/5 transmission plus a notoriously fussy carburetor on its 4.2L engine. The Peugeot tranny is likely on its last legs, it has a terrible reputation. Plus I'm not good with Cdn to US dollars but that price sounds outrageously high for that old of a YJ.
      I second the motion..........Don't bother with it.
      Money pit!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
        I concur, x3

Comment

it is allways nice to have a bash around vehicle, and allthough others have said no, I say go for it! The tranny and the carb are parts that can be changed, and that is kinda a big part of the sport. any junkyard will have a tranny in a cherokee or newer YJ that you could snatch up to replace that 5spd, because it is manual you won't have all the wires to hook up like the newer auto's and there are fuel injection kits for the engine if you want to go that route... but I have a YJ that is not a daily driver, and so I can just bash-nasty without a care...

and that is a sweet thing indeed!

I dunno about the price, but it's up to you.
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

For that price you can get a TJ on 33's.
            With fuel injection, coil springs& a better transmission.
            I did. I does not take that much $$ to put 33's on a yj or tj.
            T
            456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

thanks for the advice guys, i just want big tires so badly!! damn 4banger and not regeared diffs!!! hey tjterry what kind of rims and tires are those??? they look badass unreal

Comment

hey hurricane dont waste your time. i saw a 89 YJ with 35's, dana 60 front and back, and a huge list of other goodies, oh and a rebuilt 350 in her for 6000. and i have been seeing stuff like this everywhere around here lately. if your willing to fork out that much money atleast look around. are you still coming to alberta, or did that already come and go??
                :devil: Giffer

Comment

thats unreal!!!! i wa sthere in march for like 3 days, for my buddies 18th bday, and i will hopefully be back for stampede and in the fall some time, just for fun, roadtrippin. btw the yj looks unreal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X