Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weld on beadlocks

Thinking of welding on some beadlocks. Anyone done set? What brand? I'm Looking at these ones http://www.greatlakeoffroad.com/bead.html I read a few articles on the web and people seemed happy. Any tips to keeping them in balance, At all!!!
    '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

i run them on my jeep and i got he 15" set from shawn at GLO. he was very good to deal with and he talked me through everything.. i have some pics too..

and yes i know my baja claws are backwards...
    therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

Originally posted by jeeper89 View Post
      and yes i know my baja claws are backwards...
      Can you please tell us why? :confused:
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

run them on my jeep and i got he 15" set from shawn at GLO. he was very good to deal with and he talked me through everything.. i have some pics too..

How do they do at fifty mph. Are the wheels really out of balance?
        '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

i got some, easy install, you def know there there i wouldnt do it on a daily driver, no probs with balancing for the most part,, mine are ruffstuff specialties, he'll usually throw in the fifth ring, and he pays shipping. does running them backwards do anything iv seen it before, and how come--oh never mind--flourescent green????
          Last edited by xjkevin; 05-16-07, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
              It gives you a better bite when you run them backwards, but the wear quicker...
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

any problems because they don't have the rolled edge on the outer ring like a pre-made bead lock rim does. It seems like the outer ring could cut into the side wall with very low pressures.

Comment

do you mean the anti coning ring, they really dont dig into the tire, they-the sidewalls, kinda smash it flat inbetween the two rings, i torqued mine to 20lbs, minimal coning, a little but not to much and a little bit of coning isnt bad anyways, it ensures a tite seal..

Originally posted by cannon View Post
                  any problems because they don't have the rolled edge on the outer ring like a pre-made bead lock rim does. It seems like the outer ring could cut into the side wall with very low pressures.

Comment

Did you guys put your bead locks on 10" or 8" rims. I know they add some width

Comment

mine are 8'' and im much wider than i was..

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                        i wanted to try the backwards but changed them around before i even wheeled it(they got crazy loud on the road)
                        therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

run them on my jeep and i got he 15" set from shawn at GLO. he was very good to deal with and he talked me through everything.. i have some pics too..

How do they do at fifty mph. Are the wheels really out of balance?
                          nope not really.. they are actually pretty good.( i have some 38x15.50 on there now and i dont feel anything until i hit 65 -70

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
                            does running them backwards do anything iv seen it before, and how come--oh never mind--flourescent green????
                            it makes them louder on the road( and i did not try them offroad due to being to busy and needing my jeep cause its my DD also) and the green.. i like it what can i say

Comment

mine are 10" rim but i am also running a 15.50 in tire( i did use them with my 12.50s too)

Comment

Working...
                              X