Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hydrualic clutch line

I need to replace the plastic hydraulic clutch line that goes from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder on my 93 wrangler but there is a huge backorder at the dealer and none of the auto parts guys around have one. Anyone have any ideas on where I can get one or an aftermarket alternative?

I got a coupler and a hard brake line to run from the slave up to about 6" shy of the master. Then I used high pressure braided stainless hose to connect the brake line to the fitting on the master cyl.

The pressure is high so the end of the brake line must be flared or the rubber hose and clamp may slide off.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

I used some #3 to clutch adapter fittings from Russell and some teflon #3 hose from their universal brake hose to build mine.

Fitting near bottom of page.

-3 Hoses (I think it is a straight to 90)
      I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
      Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

That fitting will push on to the stock slave line like the factory quick disconnect? What about connecting to the other end that is that little 90 fitting with the roll pin into the master?

I'm having a really hard time visualizing this. Do you have any pictures?

Comment

You pull the roll pin out of the factory plastic line and push the fitting in. Reinstall roll pin. Do the same at the other end. Then measure for the hose. I will have to look as I can't remember what the hose end looks like at the slave. There is a 90deg fitting at the master. I will try to get some pics soon. The hose screws to the fittings just like any other an hose.

Edit: Oh damn. I just realize you have a YJ. I think that my 95 YJ has a different master fitting. Though I can't remember what it looks like. I do remember that these fittings do work on the slave.
          I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
          Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

If you order a new hydraulic clutch cylinder............ It should come with the tube. That has been my experience so far when replacing clutch masters and slave cylinders.
            offroadwerkz.com
            (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Originally posted by fun4wheelerguy View Post
              If you order a new hydraulic clutch cylinder............ It should come with the tube. That has been my experience so far when replacing clutch masters and slave cylinders.

unfortunately I bought brand new master and slave and they did not come with the line.

Comment

Working...
              X