Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schrader valve?

I got a new fuel tank skid plate from gen-right. Ordered it Tuesday, got it Thursday. Instructions say to release fuel pressure at schrader valve on engine. I've never heard of a Schrader valve. What is it, how does it work, any pictures of how to open it? Thanks, Mat

Originally posted by mrthieba View Post
    I got a new fuel tank skid plate from gen-right. Ordered it Tuesday, got it Thursday. Instructions say to release fuel pressure at schrader valve on engine. I've never heard of a Schrader valve. What is it, how does it work, any pictures of how to open it? Thanks, Mat
    its the one that looks like a tire air valve on the fuel injection rail. be carefull, they spray fuel pretty good for a second
    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

It's easier to just pull your relay for the fuel pump out of your PDC (power distribution center) thing on the passenger wheel well, and starting the jeep and letting it stall. That's what I did to remove the fuel pressure when I put on my genright a couple weekends ago. The schrader valve method requires you to get gas all over your intake manifold (and a rag)... my method only requires getting it all over where you disconnect the fuel lines, which you'll get anyways!
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Thanks Matt, I'll do it that way. I bought the gen-right partly based on your dented tank thread. Ordered it Tuesday, got it Thursday. Also tnx to Elusive for response.
        Mat

Comment

Working...
        X