Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• track bar upgrade

hey all, i want (almost need) to upgrade to an adjustable track bar. I'm considering the Teraflex unit. I'd like one that does not require any modifications to the vehicle in order to be installed.

does anyone have any comments on this part, or suggestions on other brands that make something similar?

thanks,
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
    hey all, i want (almost need) to upgrade to an adjustable track bar. I'm considering the Teraflex unit. I'd like one that does not require any modifications to the vehicle in order to be installed.

does anyone have any comments on this part, or suggestions on other brands that make something similar?

thanks,
    I wouldn't touch the tera one.

The Currie/JKS TB is nice, but does require the frame hole to be drilled slightly. Worst case scenario, if you want to go back to the stock mount then we'll lob off the modded one and weld on a new one. I don't think it'll be an issue though
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Yeah get the Currie. You won't have to drill out the frame mount, there's a tappered shim you install and the bolt has a zerk fitting. In my case I had already drilled the frame mount for a RE trackbarf (didn't like it, still have it too). What I had to do was get the Jeepspeed TB, it comes with the 5/8" bolt but no zerk/grease fitting and had to drill out the axle mount. Get the Currie before you drill anything (don't go cheap here Mike )

B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ View Post
        Yeah get the Currie.
        Tom, after we met up a few weeks ago i looked for it on the currie website and couldn't find it. do you know where I can locate this part?

thanks chris for the heads up on the teraflex.

i'm making a guess that this will properly re-center the axle and eliminate the big "clunking" noise I get when I extend the springs and they rub against the bump stops (???? does this sound like a symptom ???) I've read a new TB is not required but my heep seems to be yelling at me for keeping the stock.

Comment

Try this link http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=1168

As far as the springs unloading and rubbing on the bump stops and making noise I think this is fairly normal, at least mine do that.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
            i'm making a guess that this will properly re-center the axle and eliminate the big "clunking" noise I get when I extend the springs and they rub against the bump stops (???? does this sound like a symptom ???) I've read a new TB is not required but my heep seems to be yelling at me for keeping the stock.
            Depends on what part of the spring the BS cup is rubbing on. Sides = track bar, front = short control arms.
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
              Depends on what part of the spring the BS cup is rubbing on. Sides = track bar, front = short control arms.
              i have visually confirmed the sides both by measurement and "field testing", thus = track bar. good point though, i never thought about the control arms.

Comment

Working...
              X