Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backspacing and tire size questions.

I'm looking at getting tires and rims soon, but I don't know what backspacing or sizes to get.

I was originally going to run 32x11.5 but I changed my mind and decided to run 33x12.5 MT Baja Crawls. At first I thought I would need 15x10 rims but I read that you can fit them on 15x8 rims. Which rim size would be better for that wide a tire?

Also, what backspacing will I need? I don't know what lift I'm going to get but it will be a 4" non-the-less.

I was looking at these rims... Black Steel ... but it doesnt have anything about backspacing on it.
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Not an expert by any means, but have asked the same question and it would seem that...

general quotes from folks puts backspacing on 15x8s for 33x12.50R15s in the 3.5 to 4.0" range. I would run a search (if you have not already done so) - there is quite a bit about backspacing on this and other boards and you can double tap my accuracy. The folks selling the wheels should be able to tell you what the backspacing for any given wheel they are selling is...

I see you are buying steel wheels, which will make everything heavier - but you are also changing your gears to match the weight so I suppose that is a never-no-mind.

Finally, you can get spacers to assist/avoid backspacing issues...they are not legal everywhere so you would need to check. They are fairly common, I know Quadratrec sells them.

Best of luck...

Comment

Working...
    X