Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing up the D30

yup, alloys for the front just got in.

Yep, those are the ones. I put a set on mine when I found a twist in the short side spline. Good quality and price.

B&T TJ

Comment

that's on my list, how much did they cost
      '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

Comment

Installed the new Alloys for the front today. Pretty straight forward install, we all know how to swap a set of shafts so not much to see here but a few pics.

out with the old in with the new, a little comparison

I was lookng for a new axle seals from alloy, i called everywhere and no one had them. Alloy themselves is are backordered till JUNE... and they want close to $100 for a set. I called my mechanic friend who got me these in one day, he sais they're made by OX and it only cost me $40

loaded with RTV

here is where i was stumped a bit, shafts would go in and they would stop here. Coulldnt get them in anyfurther and the hub wouldnt sit flush with the knuckle. Brought out the BFH and gave it a baby tap and it slid right on...

and thats it.. they slid right in.. quick install.

Comment

nice pictures! great post!

Comment

wanna' sell your old shafts?
              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead View Post
                wanna' sell your old shafts?
                yes but i have one guy in line.. If it falls through ill let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by RUGD JP View Post
                  yes but i have one guy in line.. If it falls through ill let you know.
                  Don't sell them dude....they might be invaluable to you one day out on the trail
                  Yukon 4340 Shafts...my guess is that they were defective but still....i wouldn't have been able to continue on with the day if i didn't have my stock spares.

Passenger side inner and stub shaft

Alloy USA's are a little better shaft than the Yukons from what i hear but it is still a d30 shaft at the end of the day....
                  Last edited by Brice; 04-02-07, 09:02 PM.
                  And NEVER call her by her friends name, unless you know how to fake a seizure

Comment

Originally posted by Brice View Post
                    Don't sell them dude....they might be invaluable to you one day out on the trail
                    Yukon 4340 Shafts...my guess is that they were defective but still....i wouldn't have been able to continue on with the day if i didn't have my stock spares.

Passenger side inner and stub shaft

Alloy USA's are a little better shaft than the Yukons from what i hear but it is still a d30 shaft at the end of the day....
                    haha no worries brice, i had a set of spares before i got the alloys, so now i have two sets. Im keeping the ones i just took out and getting rid of the set ive had sitting in the back of jeep.

Comment

Working...
                    X