Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this at all possible?

This is my dream, but I'm not sure if it's quite possible. This is definantly a someday thing.

Here is what I wanna build.

Jeep TJ with a GM LS1 engine. Mated to that would be a NV4500 tranny, and an Atlas II transfer case. All this would drive dana 60's, and I'm thinking 44 inch tires on bead locks. Now I know this is a lot of stuff to try and fit into a wrangler, but I wouldn't be against cutting and moving stuff around if necassary. Now to fit those 44's, I'd like to use a R.E. 7.7 inch kit with a triangulated rear end, and a 3 inch body lift.

What do you guy's think? Is it possible, and if not what would make it possible, I'd consider an LJ if it would be better.

and last but not least, what would you change?

WOW!!! thats pretty sweet, i drove my cousins trans am with the LS1 motor, and holy could that thing move, it had more power than i dont know what. i think it'll take some impressive cutting and notching with alot of custom fabbing to pull off, good luck!

hurricane

P.S: all i would change is NOTHING!

Comment

tires are WAY too big for the wheelbase. 37s MAYBE 39s max on stock tj wb (96")
      And NEVER call her by her friends name, unless you know how to fake a seizure

Comment

yeah, i know the tires are big, but everytime I think about tires, I think about the 53's and stuff I've seen on some rigs.... possibly extend the wheelbase?

Comment

we have a CJ7 in town with a LT6 and only has 35's but man it sounds mean as hell I can ask him what all he has behind it im shure its not what you are looking at LOL

Comment

I had a TJ on 38" tires with d-60'd front and rear with a 4.7L stroker, nv4500, atlas, RE long arm kit.
            It worked good.
            It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

With those sized tires, have you thought of a scrambler or a CJ6? The unlimited may be long enough...but on a stock TJ body, they are probably too large. 40's would fit, in fact there is a guy on the forum with a CJ7 that is sporting 40's. And they are huge!
              WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
              [_____]
              (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
              []--o---[]

Comment

Yeah, you guys are right... I'm gonna have to go a little smaller on tires haha. I just love big BIG jeeps.

My plan for this is to start this summer by buying a 80-90,000 mile TJ and drive it while in college. I'll probably do bumpers, the interior and lights, stuff like that. Already I've been searching, and I've found places where I can get everything I want for reasonable prices.

Then, after college, I'll be working as a fireman (If things go as planned) and I'll have 2 days between each shift. Plenty of time be working on my jeep. I want to basicly park it, and do the entire thing in one shot, to save money.

And be sure that I'll keep you all updated, but this is definantly a work in progress!

Comment

well, you have a 15-20,000 dollar list there.
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Yeah, I do. But I'd like to do it right the first time, and build something that's gonna last. This jeeps been my dream for quite a while though, and I don't mind spending money on the things I love

Comment

Anything's possible.

Comment

Holy mother of god!! Talk about....woah! Those can't be auto tires. More like tractor or even large dump truck tires. Jesus...that's sweet. Lol, screw rock crawling. With those any terrain is just a bump road!
                        WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                        [_____]
                        (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                        []--o---[]

Comment

Working...
                        X