Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• break balancer

I was BSing with another YJ owner about upgrading brakes and such. He had installed a hydroboost but was still not getting the kinda' performance he wanted.

Someone suggested the balancer valve might be shot so he changed it - no diff. Then he removed it altogether (don't know why exactly) and he claimed it made a night and day difference.

So a buncha' BS or is it detrimental when running 35+ tires?
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Not sure what he meant by "balancer valve", possibly proportioning valve?

I have an adjustable Proportioning valve in my HB setup just to remove some fluid to the rear circuit. It stops 37's dead cold - like "through the windshield" stopping.
    Last edited by Old Fart; 02-07-07, 08:32 PM.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
      Not sure what he meant by "balancer valve", possibly proportioning valve?

I have an adjustable Proportioning valve in my HB setup just to add more to the rear circuit. It stops 37's dead cold - like "through the windshield" stopping.
      Yeah, same thing.

Did you remove the stock valve, connect the front corners directly to the maser cyl and add a manual valve to the rear circuit? Or the reverse?

I like the sound of the result.
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Aston,
        Adjustible valve is actually removing from the rear circuit (went out and looked just now). The thought being that with weight transfer, the rear wheels don't need as much braking force.
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Working...
        X