Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mml vs exhaust

I just put a 1"mml and 1.25"bl on my otherwise stock 05 rubicon. Now the exhaust rattles against the passenger side upper control arm mount. Is this normal or did I mess up somewhere? Everything else seems OK. Fix options I see are taking off exhaust and dimpling it, or filing down the control arm mount. Any suggestions? Would there be a problem wrapping exhaust tape around the pipe to quiet the rattle?

Originally posted by mrthieba View Post
    I just put a 1"mml and 1.25"bl on my otherwise stock 05 rubicon. Now the exhaust rattles against the passenger side upper control arm mount. Is this normal or did I mess up somewhere? Everything else seems OK. Fix options I see are taking off exhaust and dimpling it, or filing down the control arm mount. Any suggestions? Would there be a problem wrapping exhaust tape around the pipe to quiet the rattle?
    Don't file on the control arm mount. If a 1/2" dimple will move the exhaust away from the CA mount, do that. Tape will just wear through and you'll be replacing it all the time. But don't mess with the suspension or frame. Absolute last resort!

Kurt
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Take it down to any Muffler place they can heat, bend, dimple, whatever it take in about 5 minutes. Don't mess with suspention stuff, could cause huge problems down the road.
      That's a BIG rock!

Comment

DO not mess with it
        do as said in Bachmans post, they will charge you maybe 20 or so bucks and it is over with
        I had them shorten my exhaust by an inch while they were at it so everything fit nicely, funny how mods affect each other.
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Thanks all. It sounds like this is not uncommon. I will take it to muffler shop and have it dimpled. Next step is tummy tuck.

Comment

Working...
          X