Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end is nearing.......

Well guys sorry it's been awhile since i've been around, but my Jeep is about to be rivied,it has to. The slave cylinder in my tranny(which is internal),is going to have to be replaced, and my carb is screwed it ildes somewhere between 2500-3000 when cold started, and about 400-500 when i let the choke out, so i'm looking into getting a Weber carb,Centerforce clutch and new slave cylinder, which brings to the question of if I install a centerforce;say a dual friction stage 2, will i have to have an upgraded slave cylinder with it? The reason i'm asking is because a guy in my off road club here in TN said that that part of the process, i didn't really plan on it,but Hey what can you do? any comments,negative thought, donations will be accepted kindly
    Joshua

"You Ain't No Real Hawaiian!"

I put a centerforce stage II in my old pickup. It has a relatively soft feel compared to the other clutches I have had in the same truck. I don't see a need to "upgrade" your slave cylinder. What did the guy mean by "upgrade" anyway? You don't want to change the bore size of it, otherwise your clutch master cylinder may not work with it (if you increase the slave's bore size, you won't get as much stroke out of it unless you also increase the master's bore size)....not much else to upgrade. Just be sure you re-surface the bore if you decide to simply rebuild it. But personally, given the PitA factor, I would put a NEW slave cylinder in...not a rebuilt, or "remanufactured" part, but a NEW one. I have seen too many "remanufactured" parts have damaged cylinder walls, which destroyed the seals within a few weeks of installation. This is particularly true with brake components.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Thanks alot GoodTimes, that was my original plan before that guy told me that, i thought it souded a little odd, thanks for the help brother!
      Joshua

Comment

maybe he just meant to change the slave? most clutch kits come with a new slave cylinder to replace the old one with while you are in there... maybe that is what he meant?
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Could be Erik. Good point bro.
          Joshua

Comment

Working...
          X