Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check engine light

i keep gitting this check engine light, then i have it checked and its the same code every time. cyleder 3 misfire and multi cylender misfire, iv changed plugs, cap and rotor button, checked all enjecter wires, all plug wires, still same code after a few days of driving, what is causing this shit, im outta options, the ladie at autozone said not to worry its just a light, but it eats gas with it on..lol.. so its gotta get fixed, can some give me a idea

Originally posted by switchhappy View Post
    i keep gitting this check engine light, then i have it checked and its the same code every time. cyleder 3 misfire and multi cylender misfire, iv changed plugs, cap and rotor button, checked all enjecter wires, all plug wires, still same code after a few days of driving, what is causing this shit, im outta options, the ladie at autozone said not to worry its just a light, but it eats gas with it on..lol.. so its gotta get fixed, can some give me a idea
    That's why the lady works at autozone and not a garage.

If you have done all the above, sounds like a problem is IN the cylinder. Like intake valve(S) sticking open. The code is telling you it's a misfire, and your excessive consumption of gas says you have too much fuel going into the cylinder and not being burned properly.
    Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

have you check what the code is?? I know you said missfire #3 is that the only code? Is the spark plug cracked? Check the crank sensor, that will give a missfire code as well
      The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

well that auto zone lil scaner they have and it says cylender 3 misfire and multi cylender mis fire.. now today i seen that my coil has a crack were some dummy has tightened it to tight i gess.. mabe this is the problem, and the motor is a jasper, and has less then 50,000, and had head work befor i bought it, all coverd by jasper, but all the plugs look good, so sould i try the coil, im about to go nuts..lol

Comment

Working...
        X