Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

i cant get my drive shaft on. i had to replace the u-joint and now i cant get it back together. i need my jeep in a couple of hours...i need help and soon.
    :devil: Giffer

huh? the install process is the reverse of the removal process. Do you have any more info or maybe some pictures?
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Here you go

http://www.stu-offroad.com/axle/ujoint2/ujoint-1.htm

Comment

i've got the u-joint on. its just a matter of a couple of milimetresto slide it in. i have been playing around with all day, outside in -15c. and also looking all over the net. and the best i could find was using a prybar. so however didnt work for i couldnt find anywhere for leverage.
        :devil: Giffer

Comment

Ujoits

Once in a while when installing the cups one of the pins fall preventing the cup from seating properly. Doesn't miss by much but enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Giffer View Post
            i've got the u-joint on. its just a matter of a couple of milimetresto slide it in. i have been playing around with all day, outside in -15c. and also looking all over the net. and the best i could find was using a prybar. so however didnt work for i couldnt find anywhere for leverage.
            can you post some pics?? dont understand what you are saying...
            therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

Originally posted by jeeper89 View Post
              can you post some pics?? dont understand what you are saying...
              You probably already got this fixed, but if not, Chris is saying that the bearing cups on the ujoint have needle bearings in them, and if you take the cups (the part that gets clamped in to the yoke by either the Ujoint straps or U bolts} off for any reason you might have one or more of the needles fall out of place. That keep the cup from going all the way on the body of the ujoint and causes fittment problems when you try to put it back in the yoke. If you still have trouble, take the cups off the ujoint and see if the needles are all there and in line with each other.

Hope this helps.

Rat
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
              X