X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almighty Tire Debate

MMMMMKAY!!
    let's get this started.
    I'm in the market for new tires! YAY!!!! Well my jeep isn't the mad mamma-jamma that it most likely will be in the distant......DISTANT future. (I still gotta get through college....*Chokes* And money may be tight) Anywho, i'm buying some tires for my jeep as it needs them oh most definitely. I was looking around, and found one I liked for a decent price. The Jeep doesn't see a whole lot of offroad use yet (Just cause the fact that it'd never make it TO the trail...3K RPMs down the highway, and i'm only doing 60 cause I only have fourth gear is NOT a good Idea). Anywho, i'm not buying a strict offroad tire cause my jeep is a daily driver. So I was looking at some A/T's. As they'll be all I need. I live in Alabama...you get stuck and any boy and his father has at least an 8000 lb winch if he has any country blood in him. So I get to looking and I luaghed at the Goodyear Wranglers (Except the MT/R's. They are badass), and I luaghed at the Cooper A/T's, and the Duelers were too expensive. So I found I tire I liked. It's the Uniroyal Liberator. They've got a decently agressive tread, and I've read some good and some bad reviews on them. Most people REALLY love them, or they don't like them (Haven't really read of anybody seriously and downright trashing them) Anywho, saying as I consider you guys as the uber jeep know-it-alls of the world I thought I'd consult you all before plunging into a decision.
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

W/m Bfg

If wal-mart had the Land-Terane in a 33, I'd be running them on the street. It's a BFG All-Terane with out the sholder.
    I got a deal on a skinny Wild Country Multi-Mile (I think they're made by Cooper) It's been good on the street
    '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

if it is mostly street... i would go with the mtr.. they are mild enough to get alot of road miles out of them.. yet somewhat aggresive enough to be good offroad...
      therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

I have Electra Ironman LT66's on my WJ, I've had them on for about 20,000 miles and they are showing hardly any wear (which is awesome because my Jeep has front end issues). Got them on Ebay from CCBurgessTire for $400 w/free shipping. They're quite a bit meatier than the Liberators and they were cheaper than they were at Walmart here. I do mostly on road driving and they've worked out well for me. Hope this helps.

Comment

If a California opinion counts, MTR's are worth the money, but just about any REASONABLY priced AT will perform for you on the street. Don't spend a lot of $$$ if you don't have to. Save it for when you go BIG!
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I think i'ma go with the liberators, and look towards the MTR's...cause I really like them....that or Maxxis Buckshot tires.
            WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
            [_____]
            (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
            []--o---[]

Comment

Working...
            X