Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt Squeal

Well my power steering belt was fairly loose and then it started to squeal so i tightend it up last night and its still making noise. Any suggestions?

i couldnt stop mine from squeelin so i bought a new belt and yous the old one for a spare, you can try belt dressing, anti squeel, sompthing like that, good luck//Kevin

Comment

Stay away from all sorts of belt dressing.. They actually make it worse beleive or not. It will stop the squeel for a second but get worse eventually. Possible bad pulley or the bearings toast ? Loose belts will damage pullys.

Comment

I had the same problem as Kevin, changed the belt and it went away. And RuggedJeep is right, dressings SUCK! Theyre not worth then cans theyre made of.
        -Allen
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Recently I had a belt squeel problem in my CJ (similar problem, different rig). Turns out that one of the idler pulleys was bad. I replaced it, and was happy again. I figured out it was the pulley by spraying the pulley bearing lightly with WD-40. That would stop the squeel for a short time. When I removed the pulley, the bearing was shot. You might give that a try to see if it helps diagnose the problem.
          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Working...
          X