Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time To Armor Up

The Jeeperman Rear Bumper/ Tire Carrier Is On Its Way And The Kc Fog And Driving Lights Showed Up Yesterday So Shes Almost Ready To Rock. I Think Its Time For Some Underside Armor Now. Where Do I Start? Steering Box, Gas Tank, Diffs, Oil Pan, Full Engine? I Would Appreciate Any Help. Thanks

Originally posted by ECHO View Post
    The Jeeperman Rear Bumper/ Tire Carrier Is On Its Way And The Kc Fog And Driving Lights Showed Up Yesterday So Shes Almost Ready To Rock. I Think Its Time For Some Underside Armor Now. Where Do I Start? Steering Box, Gas Tank, Diffs, Oil Pan, Full Engine? I Would Appreciate Any Help. Thanks
    I'd say gas first (hit most often), oil pan next, then steering and finally diffs, control arms, etc. But, what the hell do I know? Get a few more opinions before pulling the trigger! Do you already have sliders? That's might be important...
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I'd say it all depends on what you take your rig on. If you are doing rock ledges, then steering and gas. If you are doing creek runs with rocks strewn about, then diffs and then gas.
      '04 Rubicon with all the goodies...
      Jeeperman.com
      DiffsOnly.com

Comment

Let's see, 98 TJ older style gas skid might get by for a while, some just remove it and hammer it back when needed. Steering box, fairly cheap skid, exspensive repair. Oil pan trans, Skidrow make a nice unit that bolts up to the stock t-case and installs easy, worth the money, exspensive repair. See if you can get in on Rock-It-Man's Rocker deal, I'm going for it as an upgrade. You will get and need these at some point. After that would be small stuff like front control skids but don't try the bolt on's, get something like Currie weld on, they'll stiffin the existing stock mount which get alot of Abusal (tm) as well. Do the big stuff first and the best so yor not replacing it too soon or at all.
        B&T TJ

Comment

Working...
        X