Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel milage

Will getting rid of the stock muffler and cat and going to high flow pcs change my mpg

Originally posted by Ibecrawlin View Post
    Will getting rid of the stock muffler and cat and going to high flow pcs change my mpg
    Doubtful... You might see 1 mpg change, but it probably wouldn't be worth the money unless you drive a LOT!!!!!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

watch out there isn't too much flow. prolonged low back pressure will burn up your valves. if flow is what you seek, improve your intake setup first (and not just a filter). After you achieve better in-flow, feel free to lighten the exaust. Also, something as new as an 03 may benifit from a power chip greater than an exaust upgrade that modifies the cat. An even more expensive consideration is gear ratio. If your tires are larger than stock, you'r out of range, but if your stock as stock can be, I wouldn't muck with it.

I don't know who makes good chips for jeeps, but we put a banks chip in my father's f350 w/a 7.3L powerstroke and it made a huge difference in performance and added to the MPG overall.... unless you keep your foot stuffed all the time. The setup cost $300 I think. Really worth the money. Some places offer to install it on a trial basis (don't try a big corp. like autozone or simular) to see if you like the chip. The salesmen are usually verry confident in the product.

Comment

Working...
      X