Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ Brakes & Gearing

My brakes on my TJ don't seem to work that well. I am looking to replace them. My bro said he read something about some aftermarket brakes that seem to work really well in the TJ, but can't remember where he read it. Any suggestions?

Also, I am looking for a way to do gearing and/or make my rear axle stronger. I have a stock dana 35 with 3.73 gearing. I was thinking about doing the Super 35 kit. Is this going to be strong enough to run 35 MTR's?

I run the S35 with 35 mt/r's. It works for me.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Brake upgrade from Vanco is highly recommended by a lot of Jeepers running 35" tires...
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Sounds good!! Thanks guys!!

Comment

vanco offers a couple of great ways to improve the braking of your jeep.
          there is hydroboost, which will nearly triple your braking pressure. there is also the bolt on big brake kit available. it uses a dual piston caliper, and a larger rotor. this is all bolt-on.
          you put the hydroboost, and the big brake kit together, you'll have more stopping power than you need for 39" tires

[COLOR="DarkRed"]click the pic[/COLOR]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

oh much does that run Nailer?
            Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
              vanco offers a couple of great ways to improve the braking of your jeep.
              there is hydroboost, which will nearly triple your braking pressure. there is also the bolt on big brake kit available. it uses a dual piston caliper, and a larger rotor. this is all bolt-on.
              you put the hydroboost, and the big brake kit together, you'll have more stopping power than you need for 39" tires

[COLOR="DarkRed"]click the pic[/COLOR]

WTF is that $200 core for knuckles for? I've looked before, and that wasn't there. I don't want to get the kit now... what does vanco want our old knuckles for?

Comment

Originally posted by KNCJeeper View Post
                oh much does that run Nailer?
                i think it is like 700 bucks.
                they use the old knuckles to make the new ones.
                just send in a pair of good junk yard knuckles.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                  WTF is that $200 core for knuckles for? I've looked before, and that wasn't there. I don't want to get the kit now... what does vanco want our old knuckles for?
                  Take a closer look at the picture. The knuckles are modified to accept the larger dual piston calipers. The sliders are cut off and the knuckles are machined to fit the bracket. There is only a finite amount of knuckles around, so he needs yours back to make more kits.

I have the kit, definately worth it. Beefy enough so you won't break it. Also will allow you to lock up a 35" tire without any other brake modifications.

Comment

I never looked close enough at the knuckles to see they were made from the stock ones! Makes sense! I still don't know if I'll do the upgrade. I know if I do 35" tires, I will, but I'll probably stop at 33's (at least for a while)... If my braking is bad, I'll definately go this route!

Comment

Working...
                    X