Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D44 questions...

First question...do the Rubicons come with D44's front and rear? And if I were to say find a wrecked rubicon and manage to get myself the axles out of it, would it be possible to convert the axle from coil springs to being able to have leaves? Cause I want D44's without the hassle of having to shorten shafts and housings >.<
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Yes Rubicons have 44's front and rear. The front is a kind of hybrid it has 44 center section and dana 30 knuckles and outer shafts. The rubicon 44's also have smaller axle tubes when compared to fullsize truck 44's.

Yes you can mount them under a leaf spring jeep you just have to torch off the factory coil and arm mount brackets, set the pinion angle, and weld on leaf spring perchs. Make sure you get the stock Rubicon locker compressors and parking brake cables. I got JPassenger a set of Rubicon 44's and heres a link to his install on a older TJ but it might help you.
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7348

Comment

for the cost.. just go find some waggy 44s.. alot cheaper. and you are going to have to weld on spring pearches any way.. my.02
      therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

Yeah but the waggy 44's require shortening don't they?
        WTF Mate?

______
        [_____]
        (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
        []--o---[]

Comment

here is an idea
          and will be cost effective, get a HP 30 from a cherokee and then look for that 44, the hp 30 will be way cheaper than that rubi axle and smaller.
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy View Post
            Yeah but the waggy 44's require shortening don't they?
            All depends....I know people with full width 60's who think they are just fine. Personally, I wish my 44's were a couple inches wider than they currently are.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

how much longer are Waggy D44's? Cause now that I've got a job (Finally) I can start my building of a halfway decent trail rig. BTW, is the D44 front & Rear setup any good? I mean will they do alright on the trails. Like Light Rocks and the sort. Of course I also have to keep in mind that my jeep is also a daily driver. (157K and still running like the day it was bought........sorta)
              WTF Mate?

______
              [_____]
              (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
              []--o---[]

Comment

lots of guys use gm 14 bolts or ford/ sterling 8.8 (supposed to be an easy swap I guess).... I think u posted in "cheap yj tricks" so excuse me if i repeated the convo

Comment

Working...
                X