Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Bumper/tire Carrier Help Please

So....any Opinions On The Body Armor Tire Swing/bumper. Good? Bad? What About The Free Body Armor Rocker Guards Everyone Is Offering With Purchase? Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

Sorry no one has helped you out on this one. I too need a bumper/tire carrier. I just think the Body Armor one is priced way too high. I would expect a cargo carrier and shipping included at that price. Just my thoughts on it, although I have never seen one.

Comment

I've heard (friend of a friend of a friend of a friend, etc.) that the powder coating isn't that great, but I don't know first hand...
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Presently I have the bumper and am looking into the swing a way. However as mrthieba has said.....too expensive. My feelings exactly, so looking into building one.

Bob
        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Is this similar to the body armor setup you are looking at?

This one is made by Bulletproof Manufacturing. http://www.bulletproofmfg.com/ The rumor is that body armor copied their design from the bulletproof original. I actually picked mine up straight from the shop where they are made. It was still warm from the powdercoating oven when I picked it up. I have had no problems with it so far. If I remember right i got everything out the door for around $1000 including the frame tie in brackets. if you have any questions about it let me know.
          Dennis
          04 TJ
          4.0/Auto
          RE 4.5 Long Arm
          Rock-It Man Rockers
          33x12.50 BFG A/T
          desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

The Bulletproof Setup Looks Identical To The Body Armor Bumper Swing. It Really Looks Great. Does Anyone Know Anything About The Jeeperman Setup. I Have Done Some Research And Have Come Across A Design Made By Jeeperman And Rock Hard 4x4 That Look Similar To Each Other With Optional Can And Basket Mounts. Is This Another Case Where The Design Was Copied? Any Opinions On Which Is Better, Jeeperman, Rock Hard, Bulletproof, Body Armor?

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
              I've heard (friend of a friend of a friend of a friend, etc.) that the powder coating isn't that great, but I don't know first hand...
              if you plan on running anything(bumpers, rocker pannel protection, other body armor) in the rock.. why worry about powercoat.. it will just get scraped off anyway.. that is why i like the .99 a can stuff i can get at homedepot.. just cause i know it will get scraped off anyway. just my .02
              therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

Working...
              X